Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Unique Whips Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unique Whips Sucks!

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=122877

I always thought Unique was a joke. The work they do is half-assed and over priced. They spray paint half the **** and then charge $100K for it! The owner is way too full of himself. But after seeing this thread I almost puked! The work in this truck is rediculous. Even our little shop does way better work than this. Maybe not as elaborate, but definatly better quality.It sickens me! [:@]

Old 07-23-2007, 11:28 AM
the727kid
Rookie
Default RE: Unique Whips Sucks!

Yes they do. Only reason they got big is because of the owners brother had Busta Rhymes as a customer and Will Castro was there that day and talked Busta into bringing his car there it's been cake for them ever since. Remy is a horrible installer, he ain't good for ****. Every box is the same, on the Tony Stewart episode where they brought in some real installers/fabricators, guess what Remy was doin? Being bitch boy and running wires, thats all hes good for lol.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:55 PM
squatchie16
Professional

Holy crap, I think I could have done a better job than that. And i am nota professional installer. jesus

Old 07-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure I did a better job than that on the first install I ever did (and I've only done two, lol). That's just disgusting...

Old 07-24-2007, 02:29 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Ya.....someone posted this in o/t a bit ago......I thought the saying was "You get what you pay for"?

Old 07-24-2007, 08:27 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Maybe he should have paid em $200K then.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:27 AM
whiteram00
Captain

dam i would have been pissed offfffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 07-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Captain Pioneer
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think Reme is that bad of an installer, perhaps just perhaps this instal was not done by him? I mean i've met Reme and he is a chill guy and seems to know what he is talking about... I dont think you can place the blame on just one guy... He does what he does to get the product moving... That instal looks like sh*t though I will admit that... But still I've seen some very nice installs out of Unique Autosports as well as been at shows with cars that have had work done by them and trust me this is the only one i've yet to see that has failed to impress me.

They cater to the rich who will pay them the most, and i guarantee you that almost all the installs in Ferrari's and Lamborghini's are top notch. You cant judge them based on one bad rant... they got somewhere because they did a good job in the first place... Just because they started with Busta Rhymes doesnt mean that they rode completely on his name to get where they are.

Personally I am very impressed with Will Castro because he is a business man and knows how to turn over product and make money. Sorry if this is against what the board thinks... I just think you need to look at the history of that shop and all their products not just the one or few that have turned out like crap, most likely due to some lackey that they paid to do it.

The following users liked this post:
michael777 (08-10-2021)
Old 07-25-2007, 04:10 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

In my opinion, if EVERY job that leaves your shop is not "Top notch" thenit shouldn't leave. It's not like they slacked a little on that job, they just outright trashed that installation. So what... They're mentality is "Oh it isn't a lambo, it's just a $90K truck, so lets just half-*** this one k guys?Ohbut make sure you put some Armor All on those tires" [:'(] That's B.S.

The reason all their installs are impressive is because from outside/TV/far away they look great. But I bet if you dig into them you'll find a lot of crap like this.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:55 PM
the727kid
Rookie

Yup, seeing a car at SEMA doesn't mean it's a good car. For all you know as soon as that car gets on the trailer the fiberglass panels fall off.

Quick Reply: Unique Whips Sucks!