Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Which subs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 11:28 PM
t4dude
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which subs?

Im putting 2 12inch subs in the back of my stealth and i dont know wich ones to chose. I have a ported box and my car is lined with dynomat. My two choices that I like are the Alpine type r's http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+-TYPE+R-.htmlor My favorite Audiobahn Eternal series http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...n+AWES12P.html. Some one is trying to tell me the eternal series will be way to much with the two in my car plus the audiobahn 2400watt max amp. I want something that i can still actually hear what the people are singing not just bam bam. Which of these two would be best for me. Also i like to have the biggest and best of everything so i want the one that will put the kids with wall mart crap in their places.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:47 PM
contagious19
Champion
Default RE: Which subs?

definetly Alpines, dey sound clean

Old 09-05-2007, 01:00 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Alpine x1000

Old 09-05-2007, 08:55 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star

ALPINE!

You do realize since you have a ported enclosure that it's like an instrument and needs to be "tuned" to match those subs right? If they port volume and enclosure volume do not closely match that of the subs you're putting in it, You aren't gong to get the full potential of the subs. It may sound like crap, or you may luck out and it may sound good, but even if you think it sounds good..... it could be a LOT better if you pay attention to this detail.

EDIT: Also, if you want to put other people to "shame", the subs WILL overpower the words unless you amplifiy the interiors.... or turn down the subs.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:49 PM
t4dude
Captain

I have the box that was reccomened for them i just Redid my apolstry with black vynal and added some flames some red velvet and some plexi glass.

Quick Reply: Which subs?