Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

HELP!! Kenwood/Infinity system install on 2007 Mega cab !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 02:51 AM
PDX Steelhead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Kenwood/Infinity system install on 2007 Mega cab !!

Well, I am in the midst of a first time DIY install and have run into a stumper...

I am installing a Kenwood DNX7100 in a 2007 Dodge 1500 Mega Cab with the infinity system. I have the HU installed but am not getting the amp to power the speakers. They seem to be running off of the HU built in amp. I used the adapter that Crutchfield recommended for using the factory amplifier but, I don't beleive it is working or wires the amp properly to run all 7 speakers?? There seems to be another factory bus that might be the amplifier bus that I do not have hooked up as there is no where to hookup ???

Anyone have any advice on how to hook up the HU to this amplified set up or any recommendations on this install.....I am greatly appreciative of any help. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:00 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Default RE: HELP!! Kenwood/Infinity system install on 2007 Mega cab !!

Are you getting any sound at all?? On the 07's with the Infinity system, you must bypass the factory amplifier in order for an aftermarket radio to work.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:03 AM
PDX Steelhead

Thanks ! I do get sound just not nearly the quality/volume level that was with the factory set up - I am wondering if it is just using the HU amp?? .

From your experience, if I bypass, can I still run all 7 speakers or would I have to go a whole new speaker/amp set up. Thanks again

Old 09-29-2007, 04:21 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Wait, you have the inifinity system, and you just hooked up the aftermarket radio and got sound? Hmm weird, could have sworn the 07's had to be bypassed if they had Inifinity. Well if you are getting sound, and it IS Inifnity, then it has to be using the Inifnity amp to power the speakers. They wouldn't make it go around AND through the amp. That would make no sense and wouldn't work.

Some systems amplify just the rears, so hooking up an aftermarket radio would get sound out of the front, but not the rears until the amp was bypassed, but the Inifinty's in the Ram's don't do that.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:36 PM
PDX Steelhead

I have solved my problem......

The Metra CHTO-01 harness DOES connect to the factory amplifier and system. I went and talked with a local installer and the only issue I had was I did not have the Audio level control on the Metra harness turned up. Now, with the turn of the screw, I have my full system back !! I get full control over the fader/balance and it sounds just like the sound I had with the factory system.
Working well -
Thanks for the thoughts.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:00 PM
megacab19

Do you by chance know the wiring colors in the harness that come out of the factory amp? this is what I am looking for. I am trying to install an aftermarket amp for my two subs and don't know the wires to tap into for my LOC.......Help

Thanks,
Steve

Old 11-27-2007, 01:02 PM
megacab19

is the factory amp the silver box under the dash behind the glove box? (for the 07 Infinity)
Steve

Quick Reply: HELP!! Kenwood/Infinity system install on 2007 Mega cab !!