Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Double Din

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Din

I am trying to get a definitive answer, but cannot seem to find it anywhere. I would like to put Double din touchscreen stereos in each of my rides. 07 Ram CTD and 07 Grand Cherokee Laredo. I swear it looks as if there is enough room in the bezel for DD, and behind it as well. Cannot anyone definitively confirm or deny the ability to do so and the existance of the install kits or amI gonna have to one-off this stuff?

Old 11-27-2007, 02:26 PM
crcarch
Professional
Default RE: Double Din

Crutchfield says double-din will not fit.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Here's the skinny, I called crutchfield and had a lengthy discussion regarding both vehicles:

If you have a 2006 and up Ram without nav, you need to buy a nav bezel, then there is a Double Din install kit made. However, if you are also getting the electrical connector install kit you need to make certain you order the electrical kit for a non-nav truck as the nav trucks have different connectors.

The same holds true for our Grand Cherokee, we need the nav bezel, nav to Double din install kit, and the non-nav electrical kit...

Like that likety split and you're good to go!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 02:56 PM
crcarch
Professional

Ah! You have a nav. system! That does make a difference. Good luck.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:04 PM
yj4cj

I am looking into same thing double din radio/nav unit (pioneer AVIC-D3) i have info from this forum & also a member of TDR1 what i have come up withis the following items needed (1)new radio bezel for a factory nav unit (2) Metra head unit install kit pn#99-6510 (3) Metra wiring harness 70-6502 for non infinity system if you have infinity system it is a diffrent part number (4) antenna adapter pn# 12040CR10 Also some people are talking about a Can Bus connection for the 06 &07 trucks i think the wiring harness works instead of can bus connection hope this helps

Quick Reply: Double Din