Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Im flabbergasted

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:36 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Im flabbergasted

i absolutely love pioneer head units....i paid $800 for one and it got stolen but it was the best cd player i ever had.....since i got poor i just use whatever i can get from the junk yard....though i can usually get some really good ones for $20

Old 10-15-2007, 03:40 PM
teva_feet
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 99 Neon

I eject the cd it goes into standby mode until another cd is put in. Why doesnt my radio work is what im asking. If anyone can solve this problem out i will ultimately love them
As has been suggested check the antenna connection. If its solid and you still have nothing after selecting the tuner then your head unit is toast.

ORIGINAL: unclemike

Hmmm. Sounds like something Kenwood technical service should answer. You do have your manual with the phone number?
Kenwood USA tech support: (310) 639-9000

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

terrestrial radio sucks anyway. you not missing anything
no doubt, other then the local all news/talk station I can't remember the last time I listened to t-radio.....don't like the constant crap they play, the annoying on air "talent" and the excessive commercials......give me XM or my iPod any day

ORIGINAL: mr340

Yeah, it's a POS Kenwood, I have never had a Kenwood that was any decent. Toss it under a bus and buy a JVC, or better yet, a cheap wal-mart radio,it will give you better service than a kenwood !
https://dodgeforum.com/m_989233/tm.htm.......I beg to differ. I'm running three different Kenwood stereo's right now and not one has given me grief. That said I've recently had problems with both Pioneer and JVC. IMO it comes down to a few things. Are you comparing a particular brands entry level model (most of which are of dodgy quality), who did the install and whether or not your particular unit is inherently buggy.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:31 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Myself and everyone I know that have ran kenwood love them. We sell alot of the $100 jvc radio's at work and dont have any problems, but with there indash screens we have ALOT of problems with them... I had a pioneer for 4 years and didnt have any problems with it except for when the motor faced didnt wanna open every once in a while[:@] I think I will be running a kenwood in my new car.

When you have the cd in and try to change the source to radio what does it do?

Old 12-02-2007, 01:08 PM
marionso14
Professional

if everything is wired ond connected and installed properly and it still doesnt work, buy a sony, pioneer, alpine, blaupunkt, or some other high end. stay away from jvc andkenwood,

Old 12-04-2007, 03:45 AM
Dutch

I've been in the business quite a while as an installer, and I can tell you first hand from experience.
Stay away from Kenwood and JVCHeadunits that are under $200 - $250. They are problematic.

It's sad to see because all there products used to be reliable a few years back.
Their higher end units seem to hold up, just nothing entry level.

We have 3 Entry level Kenwoods at work on the demo board (all under $250 before tax) and all of them are doing the same thing as you discribe andsince the 2nd day they were put on display.

It's to the point now were, I will only sell those units and the JVC's with extended warranty so that the customer doesn't come back totaly pissed and out the money.

If you are under the 1 year waranty you couldsend it to kenwood for repair or replacement.

Get a pioneer their stuff is bullet proof.

Good luck,
Dutch

Old 12-06-2007, 08:11 PM
BIGRED97
Captain

that is weird, just check adn erecheck and redo your wiing, antenna? thats an odd problem

go with a sony, ive had the same sony deck for almost 10 years in 4 different vehicles, no problems!

Old 12-09-2007, 11:43 AM
durangeddurango
Professional

I run a eclipse....no problems other than my ipod interface it's installed but i don't even own a ipod...

Quick Reply: Im flabbergasted