Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

yea, not a clue what to do

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Undesolved
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yea, not a clue what to do

so i'm wanting to buy 2 10" type R subs from alpine and i'll get a box for em when i buy em but would it be better to buy 2 with 2ohms or 4 ohms cause i frankly don't have a single clue about that stuff i just want a nice sounding bass for a good price and those are the same price i do believe and are both in my price range and was just curious answers in PM's would be greatly appreciated since i don't really go into this section of the forum

don't know if this helps at all buy i have the Sony CDXGT610UIO for my head unit and yeah... its a neon if that helps at all...

Old 10-30-2007, 08:12 AM
crcarch
Professional
Default RE: yea, not a clue what to do

OHM selection is dependant on which amp you use. The head unit is irrelivant, since it is only used for the signal to the amp, not the output. Typically 4 OHM is better than two because it allows you the option of wiring two speakers in series or parallel without going below 2 OHM's. I'd only consider a 2 OHM if I was using a single woofer and a high-end amp. Check out http://www.crutchfield.comfor tech. info. They're pretty good at explaining car audio.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:50 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

I would go 4 ohm, then get a mono sub amp.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:06 PM
marionso14
Professional

Get 4ohm and a mono sub amp

Quick Reply: yea, not a clue what to do