Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

98 infinity durango headunit help / no sound cd/line in

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:07 PM
stylelisle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 infinity durango headunit help / no sound cd/line in

hi guys nice forum here...

im trying to put a sony headunit into a 1998 durango with infinity amp
im using a scoche wiring harness from walmart soldered but the amp wire from the durango is not connected to anything.

when playing the radio, the speakers all go and it sounds great
when playing a cd or line in, the equalizer indicated sound, but the speakers are silent...

i tried to ground the amp wire to the black per the faq but it still wouldnt sound....
i dont understand what the faq meant by the amp trigger... connecting blue/white to blue?...
so how do i get my sony headunit to play cds/line in without it being in radio mode...
cheers!
-tommy

similar to.. but dunno
Installed a new CD player in an Infinity equipped vehicle and now have no sound?
You may need to ground the amp. If you originally had a plastic connector with a single wire connected to the radio, crimp a male tab spade to the new radios ground wire. Then insert the tab into the connector that was in the rear of the stock radio. I would wrap the connection in electrical tape to secure the connection. It could also be the factory amp trigger wire was not hooked up. You need to connect the blue/white remote turn on lead wire of the aftermarket unit to the remote amp or power antenna wire(usually blue) on the car stereo wiring harness that you bought or was provided with the new unit. If you have the ground connector, hook it up first and see if it works. If it does not, then do the amp trigger wire.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 AM
Dutch
Default RE: 98 infinity durango headunit help / no sound cd/line in

You have to hook up the Remote turn on lead for the factory amp.

Does your Sony have 2 remote wires or 1 ?

You need to connectboth Blue wiresfrom your Sony to your Blue wire in the harness adapter.

Good Luck,
Dutch

Old 12-01-2007, 11:06 PM
stylelisle

thank you dutch

it works great...

the radio was driving the amp thru the power ant wire, when it was switched both blue and blue white to the blue it worked.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Dutch

No problem for the help, your welcome.

I was thinking about what I posted ........you should disconnect the blue wire from the Sony if you don't have a power antenna.
You don't need both the Blue & the Blue/White connected to the Blue wire in the Harness adapter, just the Blue/White.

The reason I'm telling you to disconnect the Blue wire (Power Ant) is because it is live only when the radio is on. When you switch to CD, etc. there is no output and I don't want the Blue/White wire, back-feeding power back up the Bluewire when the CD is playing.

The Blue/White wire is live all the time and its all you need to have hooked up.

Sorry about any confusion,
Dutch

Quick Reply: 98 infinity durango headunit help / no sound cd/line in