Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Radio not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 02:10 PM
jrojewski
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio not working

My mom owns a 2001 Dodge Caravan. Recently my dad was putting in a new battery and when he was finished the radio no longer worked. The lights on the bass and treble will both flash while the car is on but no other lights or music will come on. I called the dodge dealer and they said that it would be atleast an hour of 2 for labor and at that price you can either buy a aftermarket radio or a used on off of ebay. I talked to one of the service guys and he told me to call dodge at the corp. customer service #and get the radio code from them with the VIN #.They told me that they cant do that that the dealer has to. I then called back to dodge and spoke to a lady and she told me that dodge does not have acode for the radios.

Any help???

Old 12-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Dutch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio not working

Sorry to here about you getting the run around.

The reason the radio doesn't work is because it has theft lock on it. When you disconnect power you have to have the code to unlock it so it will work again.

Some dealers are shady and don't give the owners the code at the time of sale cause they figure you will be back and have to pay money for it later.

The dealer Can get the code and there should be no labour charge but there maybe a flat rate of $30 - $50. Make sure they give you the code and don't just input it for you.
You will need the ownership with the VIN number and they can bring it up on there computer or you may have to pull the radio out and bring it in so they can get a serial number off, of it.

I would take it to the dealership were you bought the vehicle (if it wasn't private sale) and tell them they forgot to give you the code at the time of purchase.

Good Luck,
Dutch

Quick Reply: Radio not working