Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Wiring Diagram & Pinout For 07' Ram Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 05:33 PM
sirhannick
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiring Diagram & Pinout For 07' Ram Radio

Does anyone have the pin-out for the single CD player on the 2007 Dodge Ram? I'm trying to figure out how to wire one up and I only can find pin-outs for Gen. 2 trucks. Thanks.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:42 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wiring Diagram & Pinout For 07' Ram Radio

+12V: Grey / Red
Radio Ground: Black and Black/Light Green
Radio Ignition (CAN data bus) ** See Note
LF Speaker +: Dark Green/Yellow
LF Speaker -: Dark Green/Light Blue
RF Speaker +: Gray/yellow
RF Speaker -: Gray/Light Blue
LR Speaker +: Gray/Light Green
LR Speaker -: Gray/Dark Green
RR Speaker +: Dark Green/Light Green
RR Speaker -: Dark Green/Gray

Switch is the pink/white wire in the ignition harness....your cigarette lighter might be switching also...you will have to test to see

Old 01-11-2008, 03:42 PM
sirhannick

Thanks haebeba86

So I just got back from Best Buy where I got the wiring harness for my 01' Dodge Ram 1500 with the infinity system. It's by Scosche and the p/n is "BBCR01AB". Here's what it looks like:

Now for wiring... BTW, This is the radio I'm installing from an 07' Dodge Ram 1500:

I got if for a mean $50 from LKQ which I think is a pretty good deal. I'll get some pictures of my OEM Infinity head unit soon.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:25 PM
sirhannick
Default 2001 Infinity? Radio Connectors & Wiring

Old 01-25-2008, 12:38 PM
sirhannick

ORIGINAL: habeba86

+12V: Grey / Red
Radio Ground: Black and Black/Light Green
Radio Ignition (CAN data bus) ** See Note
LF Speaker +: Dark Green/Yellow
LF Speaker -: Dark Green/Light Blue
RF Speaker +: Gray/yellow
RF Speaker -: Gray/Light Blue
LR Speaker +: Gray/Light Green
LR Speaker -: Gray/Dark Green
RR Speaker +: Dark Green/Light Green
RR Speaker -: Dark Green/Gray

Switch is the pink/white wire in the ignition harness....your cigarette lighter might be switching also...you will have to test to see
habeba86, I still have a few questions. I am currently working on the wiring harness. I have connected all of the speaker wires, but am not 100% on some of the wires. On the 2001 side of the harness with the two connectors I do not have the following wires connected:

C1-4 Day Brightness Sense
C1-5 Panel Lamps Feed
C1-6 Fused Ignition (Run-Accessory)
C1-7 Fused Battery

C2-1-Antenna Relay Out

Right now I don't know if C1-4, C1-5, and C2-1 are critical for operation. I want to get this thing to power on. So here's what I do not have connected on the 2007 harness:

Two identical Black w/ Green Stripe - Ground? Can this just be chassis ground or does it have to be a special "signal ground"?
Two identical Grey w/ Red Stripe - Fused Battery
Single White w/ Orange Stripe - Ignition Hot
Single Solid White - you did not mention this one, I am guessing it is the CAN connector which I have no where to connect to.

Can the two sets of identical wires be tied together? Is there a difference between the identical wires or are they truly identical and can be merged into one?

On a separate but life or death issue: Am I screwed? Will this radio not work at all without a valid CAN signal?

Old 02-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Hawgster74

I checked the color of the speaker wires in both back doors on my 2001 Ram Off-Road and both have the BR/YL and BR/BL going to each one. But I have seperation when I move the speaker joystick around. It has an Infinity 6 speaker system in it and I am wanting to instal an SRT 10 Sub and the SRT Amp that comes with it. Does anyone know if the inputs on the SRT amp are high level or line level inputs. A wiring diagram of the stereo system would be helpful also. Thanks in advance

Old 04-25-2008, 02:33 AM
jseevers4

Hi Sirhannek,

I am doing the complete opposite as you. I am changing out my 07 factory stereo with a pioneer component. I did notice in the pictures you posted that you do not have the second connector on the radio you are installing. This connector has 3 wires for the 12 V main, the ignition switched and the dimmer. I will reply tomorrow with which holes these are located in on the second plug. NOTE: you may have problems finding this as all of the radio shops that I have been too do not have the female pigtail for me to connect from my aftermarket to the factory harness. You may have to go to a pick&pull or get directly from the dealer. Your radio will not work without this connector.

The CWH-638 connector will only be used for the speakers not the power to the radio.

Regards,
Jeff

Old 04-25-2008, 12:14 PM
jseevers4

Hi Sirhannick,

Please checkout this website: http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/

Download the bodybuilder file for the years of your trucks and it shows very good diagrams of the factory radio harness'

Sorry could not import the pdf files here for you to easily view.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:26 PM
kurgan

sirhannick,

What was the outcome of you trying to install this radio? Did it fit in the 2nd gen dash? If you have a pic of the radio installed, I would love to see it.

I know this is a year late but I found this while researching adding an aux port to my factory 2nd gen cd player (Infinity IV by Alpine).

http://www.wjjeeps.com/radio_02adaptor1.jpg

Old 06-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Tyrone Hunt
Angry

I got a 2007 dodge 2500 and IM trying to put in a radio but I don’t know what color do what so I can put them together correct. I tried looking up the wire diagram but can’t find any thing that would help. I just need to know what wire dose what and the Color it’s suppose to be. And the truck is a 6.7

Last edited by Tyrone Hunt; 06-05-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Wiring Diagram & Pinout For 07' Ram Radio