Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2004 durango-pioneer deh-p2900mp-wiring problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:06 PM
wigsoutwar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 durango-pioneer deh-p2900mp-wiring problem

hi, im new to this forum, ive been reading over the threads and posts in the audio/visual section, ive read thru like every page. ive also searched google for hours, and still im stuck..i also just created this account.
but i own a 2004 dodge durango. and im trying to hook up my pioneer deh-p2900mp cd player. i have both the cd players and the durangos manuals, and i know what wires are which.
here are the wires for the pioneer:::hooked to durango:
PIONEER ::::urango
Yellow:Connect to the constant 12 V supply terminal.:::: i have this one hooked up to the 12v gray/red wire
Red:Connect to terminal controlled by ignition switch (12 V DC).::::hooked up to the other gray/red wire
Black (chassis ground):::hooked up to the black:black/green wires
Blue/white:Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC).::: I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS GOES!! HELP =D
and the rest are for the speakers

and there are two CAN B bus wires on the durango HU. white and white/orange, i have no idea where these go.

so i need help on the, blue/white wire on the pioneer, where does it hook up to?
and the white and white/orange wires on the durango, where do these hook up to?
and do i have the rest of the wires hooked up right?
also what about the huge antenna wire hook up thing on the durango, its like a plug...where does this go?

sorry if this annoys some of you. i just need help =]

Old 05-03-2008, 02:37 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker
Default RE: 2004 durango-pioneer deh-p2900mp-wiring problem

Blue/white:Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC).::: I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS GOES!! HELP =D
This wire is sometimes called the remote or rem wire. this wire provides 12 volts to you amp when you trun the head unit on, turning on your amp and its only need if you have a amp.

the white and white/orange wires on the durango, where do these hook up to?
dont know, your durango manual should have a wiring diagram that tells what that wire is... possibly the dimmer

do i have the rest of the wires hooked up right?
using a volt meter you can check these.

the yellow wire should have 12 volts all the time
the red should only get 12 volts when you turn the car on
the black shoud be a ground you can test that with a continuity tester (volt meter should have that on it)

what about the huge antenna wire hook up thing on the durango, its like a plug...where does this go?
there should be a plug in the back of the unit that it connects to or a wire with a plug on it.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:46 PM
wigsoutwar

thanks so much for the reply, well, i have a new problem now. i have everything hooked up right, ive triple checked. also, i bout a wiring harness thing for it, and i made sure i hooked up everything right =] but, no sound will come out of the speakers, and the radio doesnt come on wen the car comes on, i have to turn my radio on and off manually, do you no wat that problem is?

Old 05-03-2008, 03:57 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

sometimes the wires in the harness arnt correct. Your going to have touse a volt meter or a test lamp to tests the red wire and make sure its getting power when you turn your car on and it truns power off when you remove your key.

no sound will come out of the speakers

hopefully you have a spare speaker that you know works. Take that speaker and test your wires coming out of the head unit by direct connecting it and seeing if its playing music or if you have a fault in your wiring form the unit to your car speakers.

you want to see if your unit isnt playing or if you have a problem with your wiring

Old 05-04-2008, 01:57 AM
wigsoutwar

well my speakers work, and i just un hooked the wires, and made sure they were all correct, i dont have a volt meter with me atm tho. ill have to borrow one. thank you so much for helping tho. i appreciate it =] im going to take it to a car audio shop, and have them check it out, ill come back with my results. thanks for everything

Quick Reply: 2004 durango-pioneer deh-p2900mp-wiring problem