Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

in dash navigation???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 03:14 PM
ramman9401
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in dash navigation???

does anyone kow anything about the new navigation systems they are putting in with the radios?

Old 02-17-2004, 04:30 AM
Executioner
Rookie
Default RE: in dash navigation???

what about them, I'll answer your questions I know the answer. I have a in-dash nav system and dvd player in my srt-4.

Old 05-09-2004, 02:22 AM
911radio

Well, I have a question about the navigation radio.

I was under the impression that it would display a map, but so far the only thing I can get it to do is just tell me how to get from where I am to a destination. Even the navigation manual that came with the truck does not show it with any maps.

Thanks for any help,

David

Old 05-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Diranged

I put in an AVH-P6400CD Dash unit. It is a Single DIN 6.5" LCD/AM/FM/CD Radio. I then got an AVIC-90DVD (older version, u can get the AVIC-80DVD now which I believe is newer) and mounted it inside the center console (Dakota's only have a single din radio spot). Its an awesome setup. Here are some pics. Ignore the fact that the radio doesnt have a bezel around it yet -- I hadnt put it on until after I took the picture.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4013/Ec876312238.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4013/Bx736896217.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-19-2004, 12:19 AM
JDELUNA

It depends on the navigation system, do you have the stock MOPAR one ?? If you have the RB1 I believe it will show a map, but if youhave the RB4, it will just show you the way to your destination, but no map.

Old 06-19-2004, 08:50 AM
dodgeramnz
Professional

now i may be wrong here, cause we dont have any nav running in new zealand yet cause the tight *** car companies wont fork out the dosh to get it done even though all ne cars have the damn screen in them.....oops i digress. From what i heard about whats going to happen here, you have to subscribe to some service and buy cd/dvd maps as extras. lucky i only live in a small country that only has one road from one end to the other. Its hard to get lost on state highway 1.

anyway thats here, but its more than likely been modelled on an overseas setup, so you might find yourself in the same boat.

Tallking of boats, there is software for GPS called cmaps, they have collated maps of the entire worlds oceans. so in your boat you can zoom all the way in and see the actual birth in the marina your sitting in, anywhere in the world. bloody amazing. you can also use it to control the boats auto pilot so you dont have to steer.

anyway I dont know much about the states but over here we have a tem called "user pays". basically no matter what the hell it is you have to pay for it. For now im going to stick to my good wises on line.

ah check this link

its where i live just about in the centre of the circle

anyway, somewhere for you guys to aim you nukes at

how many cups of coffee 13, no 14th,

Old 06-19-2004, 08:52 AM
dodgeramnz
Professional

so much coffee

heres the link

http://www.wises.co.nz/map/default.asp?street=BEVYN+Street&suburb=MILFORD&tow n=Auckland&sttype=&id=45391|2&svctype=1&mapaction= 0&mapwhich=0&mapsize=2&width=512&height=512&busine sses=1&brad=25&color=-1&filled=0&e=2667397&n=6491355&routemethod=0&s_id= &radius=&zoom=2&move=true&zoomin=true

Trending Topics

Old 06-19-2004, 07:57 PM
JDELUNA

From what I unerstand here in the USA if you have the MOPAR indash NAV unit, there is no need to have a subscription to have the updated discs, it comes with one, but when they do come out with an updated one, which maybe once or twice a year, you would have to buy it from MOPAR. Also the MOPAR NAV systems are made by ALPINE, so it is a pretty good unit. The Pacifica that I rented earlier this year, has a built-in GPS NAV system in the instrument cluster and I have to admit it is the easiest and best system I have used in the last 2 years I have used GPS system. It too is made by ALPINE, if the add-on GPS unit from Mopar model RB1 is just as good then I will be buying it too for my 2003 Dodge Durango, I am serious it is that good and easy too !!!!

Old 06-19-2004, 09:01 PM
dodgeramnz
Professional

Ive got the pioneer in dash dvd. the next model up which they havent bothered bringing here yet has the sat nav installed. Definately the combined systems are the way to go, otherwise there wont be room to mount all the stuff we need these days.

Quick Reply: in dash navigation???