Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

New Stereo/Speaker Choices?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Radar696
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Stereo/Speaker Choices?

I have a 1999 Durango with the stock Infinity system.

Well I have finally blown one of the rear door speakers.

Now I'm not looking for a mind blowing system just a good system. So I wish to replace the original speakers with something comparable.

Not to mention after reading around the site some now I'm wondering if my truck has any type of power unit in it already?

I have thought lately about changing out the radio but only because I would like something that'll play MP3 files. Maybe somewhere down the line just a small bass speaker, possiblily something with a built in power unit.

So anyway back to the speakers. I'm looking for some that aren't too expensive. Maybe $50 to 60 per set. I would like them to compliment the current system not force me to go to a higher power unit just to drive the new speakers.

Plus at the same time I would like some info concerning the front speakers. Are the tweeters intergrated or is it possible to replace the front speakers & leave the tweeters in place?

Any & all suggestions will be welcome & considered.

Quick Reply: New Stereo/Speaker Choices?