Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Flip Down Face on new HU won't fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 03:26 PM
RacinBill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Flip Down Face on new HU won't fit?

I have a BRAND NEW '08 Ram 1500 and I want to replace the HU. While it looks like there is no problem with any type, I am being warned on Crutchfield that the Sony Headunit I am trying to buy MAY not fit since it has a fold down face. I then changed my mind and decided on the Pioneer P7900BT but it also has a fold down face. I really want this unit but why might it not fit? Thanks for any help!!!!

Flip Down Face on new HU won't fit?-truck.jpg

Old 09-18-2008, 04:14 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Is it a factory nav? If it is you should be fine...if it isnt you need the metra 996507 dash kit and the flip down face might hit the bottom of the kit. Ive had this problem in a newer ram with an eclipse flip down. It still closes, but sometimes you have to help the face close. You can trim the dash kit and it would work....it jst depends on if you wanna do that or not.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:02 PM
RacinBill
Default Thanks

Thanks I went out and found that part lots of places. Now to find the wiring harness from the radio to the Chrysler harness I wil be good.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

They told me the same thing when I got my Pioneer from them. I didn't have any issues with it at all, but it there is a tiny gap under the unit if you look at it head on. I guess they did that so it would open and close right. Crutchfield also told my that with the new Rams the only way to get accessory power is to splice into the cigarrette lighter. This is NOT true. The instructions they sent me were wrong. I called just to check and they said that it is a misprint. Glad you switched from Sony to Pioneer. I had a Sony once that ATE cds and then SHOT them out like a frisby. lmao.

Quick Reply: Flip Down Face on new HU won't fit?