Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Replacing stock tweeters.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 07:27 AM
de8212
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
What vehicle are we talking about here???? Isn't this a general audio section? That means all dodges?
Sorry. I'll edit my first post.

1999 Dodge Ram w/infinity system.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:18 AM
WorldWideStereo

While it is possible to replace the stock tweeters, it's usually better to replace the front speakers in their entirety. The tweeters in the dash and the midrange/midbass drivers in the doors work in tandum, so if you replace the tweeter with anything other than the stock tweeters, then you might hear some discrepancies in the music.

Stop by a local car audio store and demo some component systems (separate tweeter and woofer systems) and see if you can replace everything in the front of the truck. I think that you would be very pleased with what you can get @ a decent price. You can use the stock Infinity amplifier to power them, too, unless you go with a high-performance speaker.

Good luck!

Old 11-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Ben D.
Champion

i wouldn't run them on the factory infinity amp but yea i'd say get a better set up for the front speakers. not having a passive crossover for the tweeters which you would get with a good component set is definately a possible issue for the lack of sq.

Quick Reply: Replacing stock tweeters.