Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Blown infinity door subs

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:28 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by codiac
They are 2ohm coming off the factory amp, and Infinity 6x9's will work since they run 2ohm....you won't get anything but bass from the speakers, but the price is right, and crutchfield should include the dodge adapter for free.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1086929...-9i.html?tp=91

For the price diference I'm sure someone wouldn't mind doing some cutting and splicing of new adapters. Crutchfield is always outrageously priced. Good product info though. http://cgi.ebay.com/Infinity-Kappa-6...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 12-30-2008, 05:11 PM
froto'sride
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do believe that the only thing you need to look for as far as the 6x9's are concerned is the mounting depth. I am prety sure that you have at least 3" but I can't remember the last time i measured the mounting depth.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:48 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The Kappa's won't fit unless you butcher the opening in the door. I bought a set from Crutchfield and the baskets are too big to fit in the factory hole. My Pioneer 4 ways fit fine.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:59 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

so does anyone have a working leftover factory infinity speaker? Ill take it

Old 06-06-2012, 09:24 PM
bobstarr

Did we decide if the driver door infinity is for sure a 2 ohm, and will Dodge replace them @ no charge?

Old 06-06-2012, 09:26 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bobstarr
Did we decide if the driver door infinity is for sure a 2 ohm, and will Dodge replace them @ no charge?
Take the good one out and put an Ohm meter across the coils. That will tell you what they are.
As for Dodge replacing them for free....lol.. No, I dont think so. Tough to get them replaced even under warranty because you can easily blow those or any speakers for that matter.

Last edited by dirtydog; 06-06-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:57 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Not that the stock Infinity is a lot better than the non equipped system anyway... LOL

Old 06-07-2012, 02:50 PM
bobstarr

I decided to buy a factory replacement Infinity 6x9. I am pretty good at turning wrenches, but have never pulled a door panel. Should I give it a try and hope for no rattles when I'm done, or is this a car audio guys job? Any tricks to doing this? Any special tools?

Old 06-07-2012, 03:03 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

take the screws out at the bottom of the door (2) and the middle (1) and the mirror sail (1). There is one 10mm or 13mm behind the inside door handle also. Then lift up on the door skin

Old 08-08-2012, 05:27 PM
96RamSport
Veteran
Talking replacement speaker

My 07 Ram just blew the passenger side Infinity speaker. I found a pair of 6x9 2-ohm woofers from a 2010 Chevy Cobalt on eBay for $40. I figured they looked good and would give them a shot. They are factory Pioneers and are not paper cone like Ram's Infinitys are, they are a coated plastic material.

Well I got them today and after soldering speaker wire directly to the +/- on the Pioneer, and splicing into the factory wiring they sound great, and IMO hit a littler harder then the Infinitys did. In fact, I was so impressed with the one I rigged on the passenger side, I decided to rig the one for the driver side as well. Don't get me wrong they don't make my truck shake, but for the price and the quality I think they were a great find/upgrade. Also, the plastic speak holder on the Infinity speakers popped right off and fit perfectly on these, no cutting or door alterations were needed.

Finally - I have 1 good factory Infinity 6x9 from the one I took out the drivers side if anyone wants to make an offer

Here's a link to the eBay (don't know how long it will work b/c this is for the same speakers that I bought): http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-COBALT-Am...5f3f8a&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply: Blown infinity door subs