Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Remote starter/keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:03 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Remote starter/keyless entry?

I have a astrostar remote starter/keyless entry and I used it fine and everything worked. Now Everything works on it but the unlock button on the device! It will let the lights flash like it would unlock, but it wont unlock! Everything else works but the unlock button, the starter and lock button all work.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks in advance!

Brendon.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:05 PM
audioaddict
Professional

Unlock is still working at the switch? If not, there's a break in the wire and it needs to be reconnected. If the doors still unlock with the door switch, it's either a bad control module or there's a bad connection to the unlock wire. Was the remote starter installed professionally or by you? If it was done at a shop, see what sort of warranty the install shop offers. They should at least be able to take a look at it and tell you what the problem is.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:39 AM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

Yeah. By a shop. And the lights still go on on the truck and the remote, but wont unlock. It unlocks by me hitting the switch inside the truck though. So I though it was something in the actual truck? It was a while ago since its been at the shop. and the lock button works.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:42 AM
lb79theone
Record Breaker

*Inside the truck I mean inside the truck with the keyless entry part, lol. *And.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:28 PM
audioaddict
Professional

So if the switch still works, and the factory keyless still works, the issue is in the brain unit or a connection to it. Check out the shop's workmanship warranty. If they have a lifetime workmanship warranty, they should be able to at least take a look and isolate the problem. If they don't offer a lifetime warranty and won't take a look at the starter, find a shop that will offer a lifetime warranty and have them pull the bad unit out and replace it with a new one.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:14 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker

Yeah, ok, thanks!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:29 AM
72combo
Champion

Batteries..........those key fobs are in a box and well most work stations as I said before are footprinted so that everything is neat and orderly. What happens is when stock runs low usually someone comes along and dumps a box of keyfobs in the space where they belong but there are still some on the bottom...never get cycled into the system maybe for a couple years since parts changes for those may go years. Anyway so somehow somebody for some reason cycles the parts or digs deep into the box and you get one with a battery already over a year old,not used much but still batteries if not used also die. The reason I say this is because on my 2000 Dakota I had a similar issue while I worked at Chrysler still, anyway I got new batteries and problem solved. You can buy them at the drug store...duracell seem to be the most popular. They say they last about 2 years.Hope this helps.

Oops this wasn't meant to go here but this issue does exist.

Last edited by 72combo; 09-21-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 07-31-2009, 10:18 AM
lb79theone
Record Breaker

Soo... Everything works but the unlock button. The lights of my truck turn on when I hit the button but does not unlock. When I hot the unlock switch inside the truck it turns and unlocks. What do I do. The brain of it? Batteries?

Old 08-03-2009, 05:46 AM
drelectrix
Default Your answer..

It is going to either be the brain to the keyless entry has a bad unlock output which is basically a relay. Or it is going to be a bad connection of that same output. Dont even worry about the batteries...If the car goes through all the motions during a unlock request (parking lights flash) but just the locks aren't actuating , that has nothing to do with the batteries. If your system starts to get intermittent (sometimes works sometimes doesn't on both lock and unlock)or the range has diminished, that would be a sign of low batteries.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:27 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker

Wow ok, thank you soo much!

Quick Reply: Remote starter/keyless entry?