Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

03 quad cab dakota options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Sohcvtec1995
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 quad cab dakota options?

i would like to do any size sub in my 03 quad. i would like full function of the rear seat and compartment, and i dont want to do a box as my center console(i think it looks trashy). what are my options on doing something like this?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:18 AM
audioaddict
Professional

The 'any size sub' really doesn't give us any idea what you want. What kind of music do you listen to? What are your goals for your audio system? What's your budget? What are you sourcing your audio from? What sort of amplification are you using? Give us some more info and maybe we can give you a better idea of what would best suite your application.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:47 AM
Sohcvtec1995
Rookie

Originally Posted by audioaddict
The 'any size sub' really doesn't give us any idea what you want. What kind of music do you listen to? What are your goals for your audio system? What's your budget? What are you sourcing your audio from? What sort of amplification are you using? Give us some more info and maybe we can give you a better idea of what would best suite your application.
... actully all of that is irrelevent. music that i listen to has nothing to do with box location and options. goals? if i wanted to compete in a db drag then i would build a full enclosed wall of death. amplification i can see kinda important but not really.

I listed what i was looking for as far as box location. seems as if you are trying to figure out somethign different like what would be best for me.

So back to the original question.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Sohcvtec1995
Rookie

not trying to be an ***, i just hate when people dont read what the original question is.
I just want a simple nothing system. a samll amount or bass thats all.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:44 PM
audioaddict
Professional

[quote=Sohcvtec1995;1734651seems as if you are trying to figure out somethign different like what would be best for me. [/quote]

As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I'm doing. Everything I asked is actually quite relevant.

What kind of music do you listen to? - Reason for asking this is because different woofers respond better to certain kinds of music. 8" woofer for hard rock, 10" for classic rock, country, jazz, 12" or larger for hip hop and rap. Reason for this is because a smaller woofer presents less surface area, therefore less resistance to change when it comes to moving the woofer. Larger cone will move more air and be louder, but at the expense of clairity.

Amplification - What sort of amplifier are you using? Mono block, 2ch, 4ch, 5ch, etc. The amplifier will determine the kind and size of wires you need.

Source of audio - If you're sourcing audio from an aftermarket deck, just be sure that you're using something with a dedicated sub pre out. If you're using a factory radio, you'll need additional parts and labor to complete the install.

I could continue, but it should be well understood by now that I asked these questions for a reason, not just to give a newb a hard time. I asked you the exact same questions I'd ask any customer that comes into my shop, and I've got a reputation for satisfied clients. If you want to just throw something in there, nobody's stopping you. Just realize that there is a right way to build a system, and a wrong way.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Sohcvtec1995
Rookie

As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I'm doing. Everything I asked is actually quite relevant.

What kind of music do you listen to? - Reason for asking this is because different woofers respond better to certain kinds of music. 8" woofer for hard rock, 10" for classic rock, country, jazz, 12" or larger for hip hop and rap. Reason for this is because a smaller woofer presents less surface area, therefore less resistance to change when it comes to moving the woofer. Larger cone will move more air and be louder, but at the expense of clairity.

Amplification - What sort of amplifier are you using? Mono block, 2ch, 4ch, 5ch, etc. The amplifier will determine the kind and size of wires you need.

Source of audio - If you're sourcing audio from an aftermarket deck, just be sure that you're using something with a dedicated sub pre out. If you're using a factory radio, you'll need additional parts and labor to complete the install.

I could continue, but it should be well understood by now that I asked these questions for a reason, not just to give a newb a hard time. I asked you the exact same questions I'd ask any customer that comes into my shop, and I've got a reputation for satisfied clients. If you want to just throw something in there, nobody's stopping you. Just realize that there is a right way to build a system, and a wrong way.
ok but as stated above twice now i just need to know what box options i have. thats all.. i know a 15 wont fit, i know a 12 probably wont fit. Im sure you have lots of satisfied customers. But im sure if someone comes in and ask you about a basic cd player you dont ask them if they listen to rap, or country.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:30 AM
audioaddict
Professional

Whatever honda boy, you want to be an *******, that's fine. I'm done extending any kind of courtesy to you. You burn up two threads on this forum with your unintelligent banter and get all bent out of shape when someone offeres a solution. Go back to poking around with your little rice burner forums, I sure as hell won't miss you.

Trending Topics

Old 07-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Hillbilly SQ

In this case just throw a bass shaker back there and be done with it. Maybe a Bazooka tube will fit back there. There's not much space back there so you're extremely limited. Also, a center console enclosure can easily look stock if you know what you're doing or have the right person do it for you. I've seen it done countless times and have done it in my own truck.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Sohcvtec1995
Rookie

Whatever honda boy, you want to be an *******, that's fine. I'm done extending any kind of courtesy to you. You burn up two threads on this forum with your unintelligent banter and get all bent out of shape when someone offeres a solution. Go back to poking around with your little rice burner forums, I sure as hell won't miss you.
your so ignorant. i dont even have a honda anymore. and im sure my DD will stomp all over whatever you have. Im sorry that your level or ignorance is far superior then normal. (you must have voted obama). I asked a simple question, you wanted to answer everything but what was asked. go back to playing with stereos for a living making nothing an hour, and gtfo my thread thanks..

Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ
In this case just throw a bass shaker back there and be done with it. Maybe a Bazooka tube will fit back there. There's not much space back there so you're extremely limited. Also, a center console enclosure can easily look stock if you know what you're doing or have the right person do it for you. I've seen it done countless times and have done it in my own truck.
Thank you for answering me. I have looked into bass tubes aswell but the 10 inch one with built in amp dosent fit behind the drivers seat. I was thinking more along the lines of a 8 inch one, or if the 10 inch on ampless is smaller in overall sizes. But i need a 100% answer befor i go an buy one to find out if it fits or not

Old 07-14-2009, 10:51 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Wow!!!

Quick Reply: 03 quad cab dakota options?