Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Amplified to standard Speaker Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:26 PM
deputyjoel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Amplified to standard Speaker Problem

Hey all,

I just bought a 99 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT. The previous owner had installed an Alpine head unit and kept the stock (amplified) speakers. It worked fine, but I wanted some better sound so I got some nice Pioneer 6X9s to go in the front doors. I opended up the door pannel and on the driver side and removed the stock speaker, but now I cannot figure out how to wire the new non-amplified speakers back in. The stock speakers have about 8 factory wires running into the amp on the speaker (Red, black, purple, white, brown and yellow are just a few of the colored wires I recall. Also, now that I have removed the stock front driver door speaker, the rear driver side speker is not working. So, hoiw can I wire up the new stock Pioneer speakers? The alpine head unit should drive the standard speakers. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:29 PM
tegguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be wrong on this one but I believe the factory speakers are 3ohm which is not a standard speaker impedance. I believe if you want to install new speakers without changing the AMP you have to bypass the AMP itself and run off deck power only. The easy way to do this is simply run new speaker wire to each of the speakers and the deck.

Quick Reply: Amplified to standard Speaker Problem