Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Is it possible: add GPS to the factory uconnect tune?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 12:47 PM
mrwrx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible: add GPS to the factory uconnect tune?

hi everyone.. I have a 2009 Caravan which already come with the entertainment group (ie: uConnect Tune: touch screen, 30g hard drive, DVD system).

But it doesn't have the factory GPS navagation. Is it possible to upgrade my unit to have that feature (ie: is it like an extra module I can buy to install it?).. or is does the entire unit need to be swap out and replace with one that has the GPS?

Thanks!
W

Old 09-23-2009, 02:07 PM
audioaddict
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not 100% sure how the new units are operating, but at the very least you'll need a GPS antenna, but I would guess that the whole unit has to either be swapped out or reflashed to include the GPS software.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I know that if you want UConnect all you have to do is have them install the software and hook up the mic to the radio. So it might be safe to assume that for the GPS you have to have the software installed (make sure there is around 9G of space) and they would have to hook up the GPS antenna.

Now when I was talking about the UConnect, I do know that the radios have the buttons already there, which makes the radio compatible. Does you radio have the "NAV" button on the right side. If it is there, then everything is just plug and play. If there are no NAV button then most likely you will have to upgrade the radio. No button would equal no control.

Quick Reply: Is it possible: add GPS to the factory uconnect tune?