Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Annoying door alarm

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 01:32 PM
BigDodge01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying door alarm

Hi I am new to the dodge form but I am not new to the Dodge Ram lol my whole family loves them. I drive the one its a 2001 1500. Every time I open the drivers side door and wanna have the music on I get the annoying alarm. I can push the button in and it will stop but that don't help too much. Anytime the key is in with the drivers side door open it will go off. Any ideas on how to shut that thing off, if its a fuse or if it has a wire from it that i can just clip and if doing this will hurt? Any advice .... Thank you!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:46 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine will do this also. I usually just turn let the window down all the way and open my back doors. But i see you have a RC so that might not help so much. If you cut the wire the dome light may stay on all the time.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:32 PM
audioaddict
Professional

Pull out your door trigger and disconnect the wire. This also means that your dome light will not come on when you open the drivers door. The other option is to disconnect your radio's accessory wire, and send it 12v constant with a switch thrown in line. Neither is a particularly pleasant solution, but it is what it is.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:14 PM
99dodge360

If I remember correctly I just unhooked the wire under the drivers seat it disables the door chime and you still have the interior dome light when the door is opened. It is a small wire with a snap connector.

Quick Reply: Annoying door alarm