Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

please help with head unit

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 01:27 AM
supraz07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help with head unit

I just replaced the head unit on my 2001 dodge ram 1500 today with a Pioneer 4100UB and after working through some problems with it not playing any sound it is now distorting any music past about half volume. a friend told me it is because the stock amp in the infinity system is conflicting with the amp in the headunit and causing the distortion. is there anyway to bypass the infinity amp without wiring the speakers to a new amp and just run them off of the head unit. I dont know what to do and am completely confused. sorry if this is already a thread i looked and didn't see a lot that cleared it up so i posted this. Thank You

Old 11-18-2009, 01:57 AM
99dodge360
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can cut the two wires off the factory amp (located at each speaker) that come from the h/u and wire them straight into the speakers. This will eliminate the factory amp. The amp built into the radio will provide enough power for the speakers. I did mine and went from distorting at about 25 to being able to go to 61 which is maxed on my radio. This may vary depending on the quality of speakers you have though.

Quick Reply: please help with head unit