Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Audio setups for other RAM 1500 QC owners?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 02:35 PM
gotta_hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio setups for other RAM 1500 QC owners?

Hey all,

I have a 2005 1500 QC. I ordered my head unit and some replacement speakers for the doors and such and now I'm looking to see what other QC owners have done to support the sub installs. I've been looking at either the Q-Logic (fits a single 10") or the MTX ThunderForms (2 10") as far as an enclosure solution. I like the idea that they are considered the 'stealthbox' so I don't lose space, but I haven't read many reviews on this setup from other QC owners.

I'm also looking to get ideas on amp installation as far as preference of amp to work with an Alpine HU (CDA-9847 model) and possibly looking to get some suggestions on the type of subs that would match well with the install. Open to suggestions!

Thanks,
-Rich

Old 04-18-2005, 05:01 PM
ngsm13
Default RE: Audio setups for other RAM 1500 QC owners?

ORIGINAL: gotta_hemi

Hey all,

I have a 2005 1500 QC. I ordered my head unit and some replacement speakers for the doors and such and now I'm looking to see what other QC owners have done to support the sub installs. I've been looking at either the Q-Logic (fits a single 10") or the MTX ThunderForms (2 10") as far as an enclosure solution. I like the idea that they are considered the 'stealthbox' so I don't lose space, but I haven't read many reviews on this setup from other QC owners.

I'm also looking to get ideas on amp installation as far as preference of amp to work with an Alpine HU (CDA-9847 model) and possibly looking to get some suggestions on the type of subs that would match well with the install. Open to suggestions!

Thanks,
-Rich
Excellent choice on as far as the HU goes, and another good decision to just go with the enclosure and NOT the mtx subs that come in them.

Look into:
Adire Audio Koda 10" (www.adireaudio.com) (extreme SQ, good output)
RE Audio RE series 10" (call for direct pricing, good inexpensive sub)

NG

Old 04-29-2005, 04:24 PM
hpdr345

I personally have installed 1 JLW010 in the back of my 2004 QC Ram. I built a custom fiberglass box for my sub that goes under the back seat. I looked at the pre-made "stealthbox" and wasn't to pleased with what I saw. In all my other vehicles I have ran Rockford Fosgate. This is the Fist JL that I have had. Pretty impressed so far.

Thanks
Dustin

Old 04-30-2005, 10:58 PM
pythonbunny
Professional

i have a 2003 qc 1500 just put in mtx thunder form w/ 2 mtx 4500 subs and a 400 watt amp it really thumps and sounds clear for the price just dont get the one with the amp in it its under powerd

Old 05-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Randall

I just ordered the center console sub box off ebay with a JL 10w6 installed. I have that unfoldable storage rack under my rear seats, so I couldn't put a sub there. My only problem now is finding a spot to put my amp.

Old 05-31-2005, 08:25 PM
Randall

I think I'll mount my amps the same as this guy:
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines....ther_amp_today

Looks like there's room to place my three amps back there, all my fuseds distribution and crossovers. Best of all I still have my storage room under the seat.

Quick Reply: Audio setups for other RAM 1500 QC owners?