Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

My top-of-the-line system

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: My top-of-the-line system

Your set up is no where near top of the line either.

Maybe one day I might get greedy, go over to my grandfather's stereo shop and show you what real Car Audio is like. But for now, I'm not being greedy.

My Set Up:
Eclipse CD3434 AM/FM/MP3/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/equalizer head unit (free)
Eclipse pre-amp (free)
Kicker KX amplifier (free)
JL Audio W3v3 12" subwoofer (free)
2 Eclipse SE8243 4" 2-way speakers (free)
2 Eclipse SE8353 5.25" 3-way speakers (free)
2 Eclipse SE8493 6x9" 4-way speakers (free)
JL Audio stereo wiring (free)
Stereo Sound custom ported speaker box (free)

Like Patrick (BadStratRT), I don't need everything. My system will out bang most. I mean, it's nothing close to blowing your ear drums out. But why in the hell would I want that anyway? Also, it sounds clearer than most. There is nothing but clear, crisp sound in my car.

I let the EXPERTS at the oldest stereo shop in Tallahassee, pick out the perfect products, without putting them in a whole.

Although I did get a little greedy, when I had the Intrepid...
Sony Xplod AM/FM/MP3/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/equalizer head unit (free)
Sony pre-amp (free)
2 JL Audio 500.1 amplifiers (free)
2 JL Audio W3v3 12" subwoofers (free)
2 Eclipse SE8243 4" 2-way speakers (free)
2 Eclipse SE8353 5.25" 3-way speakers (free)
2 Eclipse SE8493 6x9" 4-way speakers (free)
JL Audio stereo wiring (free)
JL Audio speaker box (free)

Old 05-27-2005, 01:11 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why didnt you keep the stuff from the intrepid?

Old 05-27-2005, 01:14 PM
ngsm13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

Your set up is no where near top of the line either.
Ummm, obviously you are COMPLETELY and utterly clueless...for real. You're so ignorant, you prolly don't even know what half of my setup IS or how it works. The stuff you listed again is MEDIOCRE, if you knew anything...you wouldn't be using pre-fabbed boxes, OR coaxials. If you want to see REAL quality systems, stop by www.caraudio.com ->forums

My setup will GAURANTEED walk allover anything in the entire tri-state area in Cincinnati, Ohio. I DO have one of the best systems I could design, and it's taken me a LONG time and LOTS of work to get there, I wish you were near so you could EXPERIENCE my truck

NG

Old 05-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

I said, I WAS NEVER GREEDY, I'm not the only grand son in the family. Didn't want to put my grandfather in a fricken whole!

Pat- wreck was in a ditch full of water. Only the box and speakers survived (lol my knee bashed in the Cd player). Sold them when I had no car....

Old 05-27-2005, 03:22 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ngsm13 ...what does that ridiculous setup get you? nothing....
there is a reason why you dont hear about "famous car audio people"...other than being featured in some crappy stereo magazine, if that. having the best setup in cincinatti isnt that big of a claim to fame, and im sure someone's setup is better, otherwise you wouldnt be in college, you would be doing this for a living.

and stop plugging another forum...if you wanna show off your system..lets see it here.

im sure someone with your vast knowledge of speakers can figure out a lowly computer function.

Old 05-27-2005, 04:56 PM
ngsm13

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

there is a reason why you dont hear about "famous car audio people"...other than being featured in some crappy stereo magazine, if that. having the best setup in cincinatti isnt that big of a claim to fame, and im sure someone's setup is better, otherwise you wouldnt be in college, you would be doing this for a living.

and stop plugging another forum...if you wanna show off your system..lets see it here.

im sure someone with your vast knowledge of speakers can figure out a lowly computer function.
I DO install for a living, I work installing MYSELF (not at a shop) on the weekends during college. In the summer, I work 9-5 and Nights and weekends are devoted to caraudio. MAYBE if you could READ ENGLISH, search in this forum...I've posted PLENTY of pics here. I have a new compilation of pictures coming up this weekend, I'll be sure to post it here.

And why do I care? It gets me PLENTY of comments, and TONS of people calling me 24/7 for advice, install, products. My installs speak for themselves, once a person sits in my truck they are sold! I've always said, give me a price...and I'll get you the best you can get for that amount of money. I know PLENTY of Industry reps, as well as owners, next year I'll be interning as well. Why would I want to put all my money in a business before going to college...that's just stupid. So, Instead I'll come out with a Masters in EE! YAY!

So, why care about a piece of **** stratus...the tranny is just gonna break down @ 100,000 like ALL other dodges...
(end sarcasm...)

NG

Old 05-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

ORIGINAL: ngsm13

I DO install for a living, I work installing MYSELF (not at a shop) on the weekends during college. In the summer, I work 9-5 and Nights and weekends are devoted to caraudio. MAYBE if you could READ ENGLISH, search in this forum...I've posted PLENTY of pics here. I have a new compilation of pictures coming up this weekend, I'll be sure to post it here.

And why do I care? It gets me PLENTY of comments, and TONS of people calling me 24/7 for advice, install, products. My installs speak for themselves, once a person sits in my truck they are sold! I've always said, give me a price...and I'll get you the best you can get for that amount of money. I know PLENTY of Industry reps, as well as owners, next year I'll be interning as well. Why would I want to put all my money in a business before going to college...that's just stupid. So, Instead I'll come out with a Masters in EE! YAY!

So, why care about a piece of **** stratus...the tranny is just gonna break down @ 100,000 like ALL other dodges...
(end sarcasm...)

NG
Most of the time, I wouldn't butt in. But no one is talking about his Stratus. (which is bad ***) I don't know why you are acting childish. Let's take a shot at his car, because I have nothing else to talk about.....

And why are you at Dodge Forum if you say, "So, why care about a piece of **** stratus...the tranny is just gonna break down @ 100,000 like ALL other dodges..." I wonder? You are welcome to help here in the electronics section, but you weren't welcomed to be everyone's pain in the ***. Arguing with people isn't gonna do anything. Taking shots at people isn't doing anything, but making your self look stupid. I wonder if you can go a week without ripping on someone for their stereo.

Old 05-27-2005, 11:29 PM
ngsm13

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

ORIGINAL: ngsm13

(end sarcasm...)

NG
Most of the time, I wouldn't butt in. But no one is talking about his Stratus. (which is bad ***) I don't know why you are acting childish. Let's take a shot at his car, because I have nothing else to talk about.....

And why are you at Dodge Forum if you say, "So, why care about a piece of **** stratus...the tranny is just gonna break down @ 100,000 like ALL other dodges..." I wonder? You are welcome to help here in the electronics section, but you weren't welcomed to be everyone's pain in the ***. Arguing with people isn't gonna do anything. Taking shots at people isn't doing anything, but making your self look stupid. I wonder if you can go a week without ripping on someone for their stereo.
You guys seem to NOT be able to read or comprehend the English language very well. As noted in the post, I was being sarcastic...taking advantage of a STEREOTYPE...like when you fellas used a stereotype on me. In no way was I being insulting, or meaning to offend Mr. Stratus. I sent him a PM, and as stated I'm leaving. I may stop by every once in a while...and i PROMISE i'll contribute positively!

So, I was having a REALLY bad day today...and it's hard to portray sarcasm or tone of voice on the internet. BUT, I'll bow out like a man, and apologize to all I have offended! Enjoy fellas! I apologize for the hasty, angry PM I sent to you Strat. Later, I'm out.

NG

Old 05-27-2005, 11:38 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

you dont have to leave...if you have this vast knowledge, thats great. but dont use it to make fun of people who may not have such knowledge as you, use it to help someone, like you seem to have done on the other thread, but like i said, i dont know if youre right or not, because im not in the know...im an accountant, not a professional stereo installation expert, so if it sounds good, its fine to me..i dont care if it is wrongly priced or whatever. your choice, but like you said, tone of voice cannot be conveyed over the internet..and you did come out of left field.

Old 05-28-2005, 04:40 AM
ngsm13

you dont have to leave...if you have this vast knowledge, thats great. but dont use it to make fun of people who may not have such knowledge as you, use it to help someone, like you seem to have done on the other thread, but like i said, i dont know if youre right or not, because im not in the know...im an accountant, not a professional stereo installation expert, so if it sounds good, its fine to me..i dont care if it is wrongly priced or whatever. your choice, but like you said, tone of voice cannot be conveyed over the internet..and you did come out of left field.
**** happens, people don't know me here...

I am a VERY saracastic person...more often then not...don't take me seriously!!

NG

Quick Reply: My top-of-the-line system