Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

I need help putting together a good sound system

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 01:28 AM
POWER_Freak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help putting together a good sound system

Hey I really need to get more bass out of my 03 quadcab. I currently have 2 JL 10w1v2s in sealed prefabed boxes powered buy an Alpine mrp-500 amp and it just doesnt cut it. I've been doing a lot more research but I still need some reassuring and the local shops want me to do some custom $1800 system (subs, box, wires, and install thats it) and I already have the amp and deck. Thats too much for me. So here's where I'm at. I'm looking at the Foxbox, Probox, the RT box with the labrynth port, or some sealed ebay box. I allready have a JL audio 1000/1 slash amp for my new setup and I think I want to run 2 400W-600W RMS subs. I was thinking maybe JL audio 10w3v3s or 10w6v2s or maybe Rockford Fostgate 10" p3s, the T110d4, or T1d410??? What do you guys think? I have about $600-$700 to spend on the box and subs.

Thanks in advance guys

Old 04-25-2010, 01:36 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man, welcome to DF!! Awesome looking rig, I dont see many of us in the North west on here.

Just to let you know, most of the moderators tend to move audio related threads to a different section on the forums. I'd recommend searching here for some good recommendations. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/audio-v...lectronics-16/

This next thread is another great resource for you. The people in here know their stuff and you'll get to see the ideas others have in their rigs.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodgefo...udio-club.html

Oh and I love the p3s in our trucks. Great sounding sub at the price.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:35 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy **** power freak, I just saw the mods on your truck. dammmmn lol. You'd kick just about everyones *** here on the forums. Would be cool to see you go up against mmstar23. Nothing like a 650hp diesel blasting by everyone on the road.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:47 AM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

p3's are great, thats what I run. Although did you ever try running your amp to your jl's? I mean, Im not the biggest fan of jl to be honest, but if they work, then you might just need the extra power that your alpine amp isnt giving you, I mean I am running a larger amp than that to my single 12 rockford p3 and that can make all the difference in the world. Some people even say, the sub is just an accessory, everything else is what makes a system. I mean, of course you need a good sub, but having the right setup can make a lower quality sub sound better than a higher quality sub in a less than adequate setup.

Me, I have a single 12 because I need my underseat storage in the back seat, so I have my sub in a center console seat sub enclosure, the stereo store nearby me is going to build me a new one though that will be a little larger for my sub since I am not getting adequate airspace for my sub, but it still sounds amazing. As for whether or not you get a ported box is all up to preference, I have heard all kinds of opinions on this, and it really depends on what you have an ear for. Good luck and hope this helps.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:08 PM
POWER_Freak

Thanks for moving this for me I didn't see the AV section. Thanks for the truck comments too. I kinda just found the site looking for sub stuff on google. Most of the diesel websites I'm on focus on performance and not so much sound systems. That would be fun it's amazing what you'll find racin people on the street. There's allways somebody bigger badder and faster.

Oh and CherryRam The 10w1v2s Have more than enough power from the MRP500 the biggest problem is the boxes theyre in suck thats why I'm tryin to figure the best enclosure for longetivity, SPL, and sound quality. I'm allready pretty sure I want to do two 10s again because I listen to a lot of rock and country not just rap and I heard 10s are better for that. Looks like I have a lot more reading to do.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:11 PM
POWER_Freak

What do you guys think about this setup?

these subs - http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=295-466

this box - http://caraudiofactory.com/20022009-...2e82ceb8c4dbe9

and the amp is going to be a JL 1000/1 slash amp

Quick Reply: I need help putting together a good sound system