Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Great Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 07:51 PM
95dak318
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Head Unit

I just bought and installed the Alpine CDE-9845, And i would just like to tell everyone how pleased I am with this system. I bought it wanting to replace my stock Radio. I am amazed with this radio, it has great reception of both Fm and am stations. It has really waken up my stock speaker (soon they will also be replaced) and it has great power and output, infact it will definatly put out more than my stock speakers and clearly play. It is a great all around head unit and i would recommend it to any one looking for a great head unit for under $200 dollars. It also has a good amount of extras too like 4 different button colors and Cd Text along with MP3 and Windows media capabilities.
Now enough with my ranting and gloating, and on to the question. |
I am looking to upgrade this system with some speakers and possibly a sub and amp. What speakers would you guys and gals recommend for the best bang for the buck. Also since i use my Extended Cab to haul people and stuff what would the best way to go with subs (and dont say fill up the bed, because that is in use as well). OR is there speakers out there that will handle a fair amount of bass,but still keep the music clear.

Hey and since I just bought my Head unit off of Crutchfield and loved their combination of price, extras, instructions, and speed of delivery I will most likely buy off of them again. Does any one want to get refered by me and get us both $20 bucks off our next purchase ?

wow this ended up geting to be huge thanks to every one for their thoughts and time

Old 05-10-2005, 02:11 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Head Unit

I'm running the 9845 as well. I bought mine at Best Buy for $169. I esp like the quick bass and treble buttons under the vol ****.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:04 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Great Head Unit

I've got all Alpine in my SRT-4, I've always wanted an all Alpine system but never have I done it until now. I have almost always had an Alpine head unit and rear speakers, but never the rest before. I absolutely love my Alpine. Here's what I have:

Head unit: CDA-7863
Front speakers: SPS-080A
Door speakers: SPS-170A
Rear speakers: SPS-690A

Quick Reply: Great Head Unit