Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Radio Trouble!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 03:26 PM
tdw0103
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Trouble!!

Okay so I recently was out of town leaving my 2003, 1500, sitting at home. When I got home I started up my truck heard a pop from my passenger side and than no sound except from my subs which are hooked via amp. I have Infinity Kappa's 6x9 in front and 6-1/2 in back. My In Dash is a Pioneer Oel display which i took out to reset and than the speakers worked for a whopping one drive than cut out when i started it back up. I than took a look at my front right speaker saw that the wire attachments were a little corroded so i cut and redid the wiring which also worked for a little while. Now I am in a stupor I can't pinpoint this problem, Some help would be most appreciated I am a handy person so paying someone hourly to figure it out is definitely something i can't afford. I feel like my headunit might be overheating now because i live in the hot Florida sun? Or maybe my wire is shorting out but i don't see any of the case for that? Could it be the Ground is too long because I hooked it up to the harness ground. Please some help would be amazing right now thank you!

Old 05-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Nikato

I really don't know how much help I can be. All I can think of (and I know pretty much nothing lol) is did you check the fuse? It may be going bad. I know the fuse in my radio was bad and when I replaced it (and messed with my amp) it fixed the problem I was having.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:38 PM
tdw0103

I thought that as well but i realized there's only one fuse on the back if the fuse was bad the whole system would die.

Quick Reply: Radio Trouble!!