Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2010 Ram Media Center 730N HD Size

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 03:22 PM
RetiredCGRider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Ram Media Center 730N HD Size

Well I have a couple of questions about my radio, I hope there is someone who can help me out.
I have the 730N radio, the sticker said that it has a 30 GB Hard Drive. But when I go into setup is says the drive is only 16GB, does the Nav take up the other 14GB?
Now my big question, I want to load Audio Books on the Hard Drive. How do I do it?

Old 07-04-2010, 09:24 PM
ByteBowser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same radio in my Town & Country van, and yes, it seem quite deceptive to list the hard drive as 30GB when only 16GB is available to the user. I'm responding to your question mainly because I just loaded 24 audio books onto my hard drive. These are files I ripped myself, so I can't speak for files you get from a service like audible.com. I believe the 730N unit tries to index mp3 files first by the title field and second by track number, which is NOT what you want for an audio book ripped from CD. I renamed the files by book chapter and track, i.e. 00-01, 00-02 for introductory material then 01-01, 01-02, etc., for the first chapter then track number in the chapter. I used an excellent free program from the web called Multi ID3 Tag Editor (just search for it) to remove all mp3 ID tags from the files and then put some basic information back into each file in a batch process that the program facilitates. The radio then indexes the files by file name and they're all in the right order. Put the book title in the album field, and the radio uses that name for the playlist name. Hope this helps.

BB

Quick Reply: 2010 Ram Media Center 730N HD Size