Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Installing New Radio Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 12:50 AM
crazyandy202
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing New Radio Questions

I just got a Valor DD-858W for a good deal. I havent ever installed a new head unit so I am wondering how hard it is and If theres anything i should know. I also dont have a Double Din Bezel does anyone know where to get good prices on them? I have a 2006 thanks for all of your time!!

Old 06-12-2010, 08:49 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

You can loook on Ebay for a Navi bezel or just buy one at the dealer. They run $140 at dealer or about $120 shipped on ebay.
If you have the Infinity 7speaker sound, you'll need a canbus wiring adapter. If you have the basic 4 speaker stereo, then you can get away without the canbus adapter ($70) but you will need to do some cutting/splicing and find alternaqte power/ground wires. I used the left lighter socket wire (pink w/yellow stripe) for my ign switched power wire.
The canbus adapter makes life much easier, BUT it runs $70.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:22 PM
comsdude

I have had great luck getting wiring adapters from Crutchfield.com or any place online that carries Schosh products. They make just about every adapter you can imagine.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:04 PM
crazyandy202
Professional

Can I buy one from like best buy or something cause i want to do this asap and not wait for them to be shipped because I am going out of town in a few days

Old 06-15-2010, 10:47 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyandy202
Can I buy one from like best buy or something cause i want to do this asap and not wait for them to be shipped because I am going out of town in a few days
For wiring connectors? Again, if you have the basic 4 speaker stereo you can buy the normal Chrysler radio connectors at even Walmart for $10. You will only use one of them(if package is labeled prior to 2001) and for the other radio connector you will have to cut/splice for the rest. The 02-08 labeled connectors will only have 1, so you can get either one. If you have done a few installs before then i don't think you will have a problem with that.

if you need a canbus connector, retail outlets charge big bucks.
Look HERE
Your dealer may even need to order a bezel so waiting may be your only option???
Here's a bezel just make sure you get the right color. There are plenty more on ebay that come straight from dealers who list on the site.

Quick Reply: Installing New Radio Questions