Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 04:10 AM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound System

Okay, I want a new one for my truck. So I have a couple of questions, since I have a RC can I put subs in the back of my truck? In the wall behind the seat or something? Or could I take the seats out and have them put in under the seats because there is alot of unused space down there...Also, I'd like to know what is a good system (not real system savvy). I'd like something with a touch screen and a big one at that to take up the space from the stock one. What speakers are good, there was a Kicker 500 system or something like that in my old Durango that sounded good but I didn't get it put in so I don't know what everything was. Or is Alpine better? What's good? Also, if you have any kick-*** systems in your RC (or QC I don't care) show me a pic so i can get an idea of what I can get done. (Money isn't TOO much of an issue, $1500 or less). THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Old 06-25-2010, 04:16 AM
RawRam2006
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Porting your cab, a.k.a "blow-through", are expensive. I'll pm u with ny recommendations. Too much to post on here. N, I'm tired. It can b done for the money that ur willing to spend.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:37 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Cant you just get a wedge type box and place it behind the rear seat? You can mount the amps back there also.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:10 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion

Click the link in my Sig for my currently ongoing Audio Build. You can also look up the thread "No foxbox, next best thing" or something like that. Lots of great info in there about sound choice

Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 AM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

Check out my profile. I did 2 kicker cvr 12"s in my regular cab with a 1200 watt amp. The dimensions for each box are 17" tall in the back, 9" tall in the front, 15" wide, and 11.25" deep. That will fit in the tray with a little modification to the tray. When I get my truck back from the shop today I will take pics to show the slight tray mods needed. It can be done and it is loud that for sure. You could also do a fiberglass box behind the seats. Here is a link to a regular cab rumble bee with a blow thru. Not cheap but loud as hell. I just got my stuff stolen though so thats always a possible problem lol. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1145584. Good luck lol. I have to say I have always liked Kicker over other brands. JL makes a nice product but I loved my Kicker 2-ohm DVC cvrs.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:28 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion

Kicker sucks for clarity. They're great for just being loud, but not known for clarity.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:39 AM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker

Well for a clean system $1500 is on the cheap side. A touch screen head unit itself for a quality one is $800 -1000. I don't know if the regular cab has rear speakers but I would get a amp that puts out 100 watts to each channel to power a set of component speakers and a 1000 watt amp to power two 10's or 8's. A lot of people think bigger is better with subs but 8/10's can play more frequencies and if you want the loudness or more lows then and more of them. Check out onlinecarstereo.com. they are by far the cheapest.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 PM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

You are correct, kicker is not known for clarity but as previously stated a quality system is not cheap. The problem with 8"s and 10"s is you are not going to get the low frequencies very well. Once you turn it up the lows are gone. 12"s can also do this. If you want highs go for a 10" or an 8" but if you want true lows with a good range, basically a good over all size is the 12". For deep, low lows look at the JL 13.5", a 15, or an 18, which are all difficult to fit into a regular cab truck with the proper size box. Also, depending on what you are going for, keep in mind sealed boxes are going to be better for clarity and quick bass response but for deep, loud, not very clear bass you will want a ported box. Also, once the speaker gets so loud, clarity is out with window with all speakers. Plus your ears won't notice the difference when you are truelly slamming. If you want some good quality speakers that sound amazing at pretty much all volumes, look into Focal audio, that is if you have deep pockets. Again, let me know if you have questions, just PM me and I'll let you know how I did mine.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Cant you just get a wedge type box and place it behind the rear seat? You can mount the amps back there also.

only problem with that though....I only have a front seat....and if i put a box in that tray back there...i lose ALL my storage place....idk what im going to do. thanks for all your suggestions so far guys!

Old 06-25-2010, 04:46 PM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

Im telling you, look at the setup I had in my truck. The back tray is like 56" and I was able to fit 2 12"s back there and still have 23"s of space left for storage.

Quick Reply: Sound System