Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nozmadd0x
Im telling you, look at the setup I had in my truck. The back tray is like 56" and I was able to fit 2 12"s back there and still have 23"s of space left for storage.

i didnt see anything on your profile, and i would prefer nothing to be put in that tray behind my seats cuz i need it for the stuff i put in there. i was thinking some sort of bax to go under each of my seats...but idk. im going to Dallas sometime soon and im going to get it done at Car Toys so ill see what they can do. thanks for the help guys!

i found the pictures, i didnt look at all of them the first time.

Last edited by Ethan_05_24; 06-26-2010 at 01:30 AM. Reason: I'm stupid.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

Nozmadd0x, the subs look nice, and i get what youa re talking about now, but my tray is shaped alot different from yours, yours is completely straight across and mine is really small in the middle cuz the wall comes out a bit, but what you did would fit in mine. ill probably end up going with something like yours

Old 06-26-2010, 09:43 PM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

I thought they were on there lol. I understand your problem of space. I dont think you would be able to squeez a sub under the seat even though it looks like a lot of space. You can definitaly put an amp under the seats but you could always look at the JL stealthboxes. They hold a 13.5" speaker which really sounds like an 18"! They aren't cheap but they save tons of space since it goes where your middle seat is now. Or you could always make your own.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:56 AM
RawRam2006
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kx250frider617
Well for a clean system $1500 is on the cheap side. A touch screen head unit itself for a quality one is $800 -1000. I don't know if the regular cab has rear speakers but I would get a amp that puts out 100 watts to each channel to power a set of component speakers and a 1000 watt amp to power two 10's or 8's. A lot of people think bigger is better with subs but 8/10's can play more frequencies and if you want the loudness or more lows then and more of them. Check out onlinecarstereo.com. they are by far the cheapest.
Well, yeah, $1500 is on the cheap side, if ur buying at retail price. But I buy at wholesale. So $1500 is more than enough. Trust me. My 10 inch subs are rated at 500 watts RMS. I have 4 of them. They cost me around $75 a piece.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:14 AM
plumcrazy73
Captain

what brand are they?

Old 06-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

Originally Posted by RawRam2006
Well, yeah, $1500 is on the cheap side, if ur buying at retail price. But I buy at wholesale. So $1500 is more than enough. Trust me. My 10 inch subs are rated at 500 watts RMS. I have 4 of them. They cost me around $75 a piece.
haha, yea. that $1500 is for the deck itself, and plus i found me a nice on that i want here in MY po-dunk town for $250, ill get the speakers $285 with installation for a total of $895, or something close to that i dont remember exactly

im not going for total all out blow your mind hear me across the state, i just want something better than stock and a decent looking touch screen thingy...
but this may not happen for a while anyways, ive got a few trips coming up that require my monetary attention, such as going to Dallas with the g/f and going to VEGAS with my dad for a Barret-Jackson Auto Auction!!! YEAAH!!

Last edited by Ethan_05_24; 06-29-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:21 AM
RawRam2006
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If u want, PM me with what ur looking for in a system n ill do my best to hook u up. We carry everything except JL Audio. We're working on that contract now. Hopefully not everyone thinks that the "awesomeness" of ur system is measured by how much u paid for things. Surely u can't b that ignorant. Lol. I'm looking at a total price, with installation and fabrication, of $3k. Wholesale price. Would easily b over $6k retail. A good example is my rims. I paid $1750 for them w/tires. The wheels alone retail for $3k by themselves. N, no, they're not stolen. I'm in law enforcement. I would b the last person on this earth to receive stolen property. No, they werent from a drug seizure either. Bought them straight up, from a reputable dealer here in town. You gotta do your homework on these kinds of things. Don't ever settle foo paying retail. If you guys are serious about getting good stuff, n dont, or can't, pay retail, PM me. We'll get you set up nicely. I'm. not trying to hi-jack this thread or be-little anyone here. Just trying to help a brother, in need, out. L8R guys!

Old 07-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

Originally Posted by RawRam2006
If u want, PM me with what ur looking for in a system n ill do my best to hook u up. We carry everything except JL Audio. We're working on that contract now. Hopefully not everyone thinks that the "awesomeness" of ur system is measured by how much u paid for things. Surely u can't b that ignorant. Lol. I'm looking at a total price, with installation and fabrication, of $3k. Wholesale price. Would easily b over $6k retail. A good example is my rims. I paid $1750 for them w/tires. The wheels alone retail for $3k by themselves. N, no, they're not stolen. I'm in law enforcement. I would b the last person on this earth to receive stolen property. No, they werent from a drug seizure either. Bought them straight up, from a reputable dealer here in town. You gotta do your homework on these kinds of things. Don't ever settle foo paying retail. If you guys are serious about getting good stuff, n dont, or can't, pay retail, PM me. We'll get you set up nicely. I'm. not trying to hi-jack this thread or be-little anyone here. Just trying to help a brother, in need, out. L8R guys!
sweet, that'd be really cool. I'll let you know when i figure it out! thanks!

Old 09-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Ptballdude123
Default Subs

I put two Rockford Fosgate P3D412's in my 96 Ram, Single Cab and it's hard to breath when I turn them up. Not only are they super loud, they produce almost perfect tone. I built the boxes myself and they don't take up a ton of room. The subs themselves are only 6 3/4 in. deep so my box is 8" deep. I'm pushing 1200 Watts RMS between the two of them with a Power Acoustik amp. Deffinately recommended.

Quick Reply: Sound System