Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

amp/sub rec.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM
a-master
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amp/sub rec.

So I have my '01 ram 1500 with the infinity system. The H/U is a Kenwood, tweets are stock, front door speaks are kicker 6x9s, rear panels are rockford 5 1/4s. Want to do a single sub setup with a 4 chan amp with enough kick to power a 10 or 12 inch sub and my front speakers. How much power should I be looking at? And while we are here, how bout some sub recommendations?

Old 08-17-2010, 07:39 PM
The Viking

Alot depends on the type of music and the amount of loudness you want. But in most any vehicle, 300 watts of REAL power to a sub in the right enclosure will yield a nice bottom end...

As for subs..it depends on how much room you are willing to give up in your cab.Any quality sub will work! And truth be told...its not the sub that makes the difference...its the enclosure it put into....

Old 08-18-2010, 12:19 AM
a-master
Veteran

Originally Posted by The Viking
Alot depends on the type of music and the amount of loudness you want. But in most any vehicle, 300 watts of REAL power to a sub in the right enclosure will yield a nice bottom end...

As for subs..it depends on how much room you are willing to give up in your cab.Any quality sub will work! And truth be told...its not the sub that makes the difference...its the enclosure it put into....

Country, Rock, that one rap song i get stuck in my head once a month...

Old 08-18-2010, 12:44 AM
tneville
Professional

Originally Posted by The Viking
But in most any vehicle, 300 watts of REAL power to a sub in the right enclosure will yield a nice bottom end...
I completely agree, A 300 watt rms kicker amp with a kicker L5 or L7 in a ported box has been all I have ever needed in any of my cars and trucks. Maybe I just like kicker to much.

Quick Reply: amp/sub rec.