Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2007 ram custom audio/video

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 08:54 AM
philisme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 ram custom audio/video

so i've been doing research for the past 2 weeks with now luck. i just bought a 20007 ram laramie 1500 and it's all stock, but with the infinity sound system in it. I want to put a 9-inch touch screen dvd in the dash and a 12 inch sub under the passenger front seat. I still want my factory bluetooth to work and my steering wheel buttons.
can anyone help me out with all this?
will a 9-inch screen fit in the double-din bezel or is there another one i can get? will a 12-inch sub fit under the passenger front seat?
anyone have any plans or knows where i can get plans to build a box to fit there?
are there any adapters i need to buy to wire an amp into the system?

Old 11-08-2010, 03:59 AM
Dunno207
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure with the 07', never did an install on one. But I know they require a harness that you have to buy and its quite pricey compared to the 05' from what i hear.
I don't know about the double-din but I don't think even a slim 12 will fit under the front seat and still have enough airspace to bang. You'd be better off putting a sub on under the seat on the smaller storage compartment side, is space is and issue.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:20 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Two problems here. One, a DD HU is only 7" wide and 4" tall. So there is no way to get a 9" in there without LOTS of custom modification. I would honestly look to add the sub under the back seat if you have one or behind the front seat it it is a reg cab.

As for adding a sub and amp to the existing Infinity system, you just need the standard ampo install kit (power, ground, remote, RCA cables) plus a line converter to tap into the OEM speaker leads to convert the sound for your sub amp.

Quick Reply: 2007 ram custom audio/video