Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

sub advise

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Atwiss
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sub advise

hey everyone i have a 2004 ram 1500 regular cab and was wondering how you would put 12" subs behind the seat or how much it would cost for a audio specific store to do it. like would i just take the plastic tray thing out so the boxes would fit better or what. thanks

Old 11-10-2010, 12:35 AM
freestyledude
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do a search for a sub box - reg cab dodge ram and you'll find a lot. Usually it's a custom box made for your application. Highly recommend doing it yourself though, it's not hard and many audio shops are absolutely terrible.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:24 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

There is not a way we can predict how much a shop in your area would charge you to do something like that. The best thing to do is make a few local calls and tell them what you want and ask for a ball park figure. For a regular cab you could easily build one yourself. Many guys have done so. However, if you have neither the tools or experience then you can always shop online and buy a buy and have it shipped to you. Ebay has lots. You can find some on CL from time to time. And if you just google it for a while I am sure you will find several other sites that make and sell them. Maybe ProBox? Maybe FoxBox?

Old 11-11-2010, 05:15 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

If your going to have an audio store do the install, your better off buying the stuff from them, otherwise, if you can do it yourself you will want to buy online as it will be much cheaper.
You can walk into any audio store and they should be able to give you a good idea on how much depending on what you pick out. if an amp is needed, wiring, converter box, new headunit....etc... There's many other components besides just the subs that need to be purchased.
Taking the tray out will provide more room for the sub box/s yes.
I have a pair of 10" MTX subs if your interested. While they aren't 12's, they certainly do sound good!

Quick Reply: sub advise