Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

UCONNECT phone compatability

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 12:21 PM
JJGuerra
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As an owner of a brand new 2011 Dodge 1500 Laramie Crew Cab with everything, I can tell you I am intimate with the Bluetooth Phone Compatibility Test Results found on the owners page (https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostb/crossbrand/owners/en/). In this document you will find all the old phones that UConnect will support. However, I can attest that on the 2011 trucks a Droid X will not work on the 430N (RHB) top of the line in this model "Media Center". Yes the phone will Pair, but it will connect then disconnect 5 seconds later, then connect then disconnect 5 seconds later, then ... well you get the point. the compatibility of the Droid X is only on the 730N (RHR) media center. As for the HTC Evo you should be good as long as you once again have the 730N (RHR) or the Uconnect Touch radio 8.4 and 4.3. Calls, emails and carrier pigeon messages to Dodge/Chrysler and UConnect will result in a polite but non-informative response of we know nothing about when we will support any new phone other than from a "Fruit" company (Apple and Blackberry).

Old 05-26-2011, 08:06 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My Evo connects fine to my factory installed UConnect in my Ram and the dealer installed UConnect in the wife's Caliber. They use the same UConnect brain whether is is factory installed or dealer installed. There are sometimes different brain boxes for the same car. The first one they ordered in for the Caliber didn't work right, the second one works perfect.

Phone list here : https://www.chrysler.com/hostb/cross...raft_REV_C.pdf

Last edited by lxman1; 05-27-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:23 AM
JJGuerra
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Lxman1. Just curious which media center you have? What is a rainbox? I need to get this working and Dodge/Chrysler are no help.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:07 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I just have the RAQ 6 disc mp3 radio with the Uconnect option. Rainbox was a typo, I was referring to the Uconnect brain box that controls the Uconnect system. I think it is located in the dash.

Name:  DSCN2659.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  61.7 KB

Name:  DSCN2640.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  117.3 KB

Quick Reply: UCONNECT phone compatability