Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

infinity amp wil not work with after market system.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 08:55 PM
spicer107
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default infinity amp wil not work with after market system.

I have on 07 1500 with the infinity system. Went and purchased a new Alpine cd deck with built in Sirus receiver. When the teck installed it he advised it wouldn't work and they had to use another harness. They got another one and it didn't work. A week 2 weeks later I was advised they had the right one all along, but had to get the update for it. I was told they had it and I came in only to be told again it wouldn't work. They said the amp ran off data from the deck and it wasn't working. I was told the only option I had was to bypass the amp and have less sound quality.

New to this site, just thought someone might know what to do.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.metraonline.com/part/CHTO-01

straight off of their website for the 07 ram 1500 w/infinity..

The installer is correct about the data system/CAN turn on for the infinity amp in that truck.. but it doesn't need to be bypassed to install a new radio.. There are a few versions of that harness i think the one I normally use is the CHT013B but they work.

Bypassing the amp is a good idea if you want to upgrade down the road.. If you have the money to upgrade all four speakers and bypass the amp go there but if not then you can still keep the infinity amp going

Old 05-17-2011, 11:27 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

The amp doesnt put out BUT about 230 watts anyway. Most after market head units do 45w per channel

Although i do agree they are not supplying the OEM amp with the 12v needed for remote turn on

Quick Reply: infinity amp wil not work with after market system.