Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

MP3 disc formatting

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:02 AM
harby
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MP3 disc formatting

This is driving me nuts!

Using Windows Media Player what settings do you use to create a MP3 disc for the Dodge head units?

The dodge user manual doesn't really seem to be much help as it doesn't relate to any of the formatting options on the media player menu.

I've managed to get a disc to play the songs in the 1st folder and I can scan through the other album folders names but can't see or select any of the songs in them.

All help appreciated, thanks.

Paul

Old 05-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Lowrider82
Rookie

1st folder? Are you using a device to play them or burning CDs?

Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No folders, drag/copy the whole list of mp3's to the burn folder/drive and then hit burn (on a blank disc). I never used windows media player to do it, I did it directly with windows.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:36 AM
harby
Professional

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
No folders, drag/copy the whole list of mp3's to the burn folder/drive and then hit burn (on a blank disc). I never used windows media player to do it, I did it directly with windows.
I suppose I could do that, but then I can't select a particular album to play, which according the truck user manual it says I can do. I'll try again directly from windows to see if that makes the difference.

Thanks,

Paul

Old 05-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Lowrider82
Rookie

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
You do the same thing in windows media player. I have no problems with my burned CDs. I think it's the fact he is trying to use folders. Also may be the disc he's using to. blank DVD disc vs Blank cd disc. I know some blank DVD disc won't work

Old 05-19-2011, 05:28 PM
harby
Professional

Originally Posted by Lowrider82
You do the same thing in windows media player. I have no problems with my burned CDs. I think it's the fact he is trying to use folders. Also may be the disc he's using to. blank DVD disc vs Blank cd disc. I know some blank DVD disc won't work
I'm using Sony CD-R's, according to the manual the RAQ head unit can work with up to 15 levels of directory, max 255 files and max 100 folders per disc. All I have done is keep each album in it's own folder.

I guess I'm just going to have to experiment with different settings

Quick Reply: MP3 disc formatting