Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

New 6x9's have no treble in front?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can do a full rewire of the factory system with your aftermarket deck it's a fairly simple project. Basically you can find speaker wires for the passenger front and rear doors in your passenger kick panel. The front driver speaker can be found in teh driver kick panel. and the last speaker can be found in the b-pillar driver side. Basically you bypass the factory infinity amp and send full range into the front doors and to the rear doors. You could still hook up a set of small speakers in the dash and just connect in parallel to the head unit with the front doors. Or series depending on impedance of your aftermarket speakers.. if it's 4 ohm then yea parallel. (which it probably is) I would use a set of bass blockers for the smaller dash speakers if used to help improve sound quality. If you have any other questions lemme know..

Old 06-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Flyman1981
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 08 w/ Infinity sound and I keep blowing my front pass door speaker. They replaced it once, but I doubt they will again...

Anyways I was thinking about replacing the speakers with A/M ones... So without re-wiring everything, it sounds like I can get away with a 1-way 6x9 in the front door, a 2-3-way in the rear door and a tweeter in the dash?

Should probably go in a different post, but what luck are people having in A/M Infinity speakers? I have been out of the car stereo arena for a few years...

Thanks,
Brian

Quick Reply: New 6x9's have no treble in front?