Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Good, Inexpensive System For '07 Mega Cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 02:00 AM
Kiffer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good, Inexpensive System For '07 Mega Cab

I'm looking to upgrade the base sound system in my '07 Mega Cab. Looking for good quality speakers and a good amp and woofer that provides good tone. I'm not looking for a huge hitting bass or someting to braodcast for a mile. Just a good system thats a good upgrade for the base stereo.

For the amp and woofer, I would prefer something that allows me to still fold the seats flat all the way, allows me to fully access the covered cargo area, and keep the area behind the seat open as possible.

Last edited by Kiffer; 06-19-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Kiffer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody?

Old 06-21-2011, 12:23 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

When you say base stereo I assume you mean the 4 speaker system that is NOT Infinity, right?

With a MC you could see about a FoxBox from www.foxacoustics.com to put under the rear seat or maybe a wedge style box to go behind the rear seat. From there you can go with one or two 10" or 12". The amp could go under the front seat or on the back wall. When you are adding a sub though, you are going to have to sacrifice some space somewhere. You cant have a sub or two AND keep both the area under the seats AND behind them. Door speakers are way plentiful. I am assuming you are also going to replace the stock head unit?

Make sure you get a good alarm also. Thieves are plentiful and over abundant these days

Quick Reply: Good, Inexpensive System For '07 Mega Cab