Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Factory CD changer issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 04:45 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Factory CD changer issues

Apparently the factory 6-disc changer in my '05 Ram has stopped reading CD's. In all trays, it will take the disc in, scan it, then read "error" and spit it back out. The truck sat for several months while I was overseas. It worked fine before that, doesn't work now. I've tried all sorts of different CD's and hitting it inside with compressed air. Not sure what else to do with it outside of removing it and looking at its guts, or upgrading, completely. Something with an iPod jack would be nice, though.

I can't take another kilometer of Deutsch '80's pop. Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be, or how to fix it? I'm happy with the stereo. I don't need to upgrade it if it works fine. Problem is, it doesn't work right now...

Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 PM
partyd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unplug the battery negative terminal for 30 minutes, this will reset the radio and cd changer , if the cd changer is external not part of the radio it can be unplug and install a ipod adapter or interface made for dodge radios,

Quick Reply: Factory CD changer issues