Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Looking for stereo upgrade advice on 2011 Big Horn

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 06:45 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm seriously considering an upgrade myself, 8-Tracks just take up too much damn room. Y'all think them CD's are here to stay? Only thing sucks is I'll have to buy the White Album all over again...

Old 01-17-2012, 10:33 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I'm seriously considering an upgrade myself, 8-Tracks just take up too much damn room. Y'all think them CD's are here to stay? Only thing sucks is I'll have to buy the White Album all over again...
8-tracks, wowwwwwww, i can definatly relate to THAT....rotflmao
I will have to say, the 8trk audio is far warmer sounding than todays digital garbage audio

The "White Album" is the opposit of the "Black Album"
(Metallica Black Album by far, is better, but no 8trk available...lol)
HAMMER, you showin yo age my brother...hehehehe hahahaha hehehe

Old 01-17-2012, 10:51 AM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran

One of my friends says that if any manufacturer offered a factory 8 track player he'd go buy a new pickup the next day just to get one.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:31 PM
eclipsems
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the factory deck, this way you'll keep all the oem functionality from steering wheel controls and oem reliability.

You'd do quite well to upgrade your system by installing an aftermarket amp and speakers/sub.

The D/A converters on the Dodge/Chrysler decks are suprisingly good for OEM.
Significantly better than you'd get from OEM source components just 5 years ago.
Simply put, once you have a good source which Dodge has provided, amplification and speakers are all you need to transform your good system into a great sounding audio system.

This coming from someone who's been in home/automotive high end audio for 20+ years.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:48 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by eclipsems
Keep the factory deck, this way you'll keep all the oem functionality from steering wheel controls and oem reliability.

You'd do quite well to upgrade your system by installing an aftermarket amp and speakers/sub.

The D/A converters on the Dodge/Chrysler decks are suprisingly good for OEM.
Significantly better than you'd get from OEM source components just 5 years ago.
Simply put, once you have a good source which Dodge has provided, amplification and speakers are all you need to transform your good system into a great sounding audio system.

This coming from someone who's been in home/automotive high end audio for 20+ years.
X2 24/7 = no issues with oem

Quick Reply: Looking for stereo upgrade advice on 2011 Big Horn