Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2012 Uconnect streaming audio info

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Uconnect streaming audio info

OK, well you are the 2nd to hear this. I told you that I would let you know when the 2012 Uconnect SW update was released. The dealers received it today. The TSB # is 08-018-12. Below is just the highlight of the TSB. This TSB is for the 2012 vehicles built prior to 1-1-2012 and have the following radios (RES,REQ,RHB,RBZ) and have the Uconnect system. This update has nothing to do with the radio, only the external UC module.
OK, so now you're wondering "can I do the update or do I have to take it to the dealer. Give me a couple days to work on this, I do have the file but I need to call a couple of the dealers to see if they can find it in their STAR system. Once I can confirm that they have it (but probably don't know what to do, even though the procedures will be the same as the TSB from last year and some dealers still claim there is no such TSB) Then I should be able to help further.
Stay tuned.
PS. Also for those with the Iphone 4s, SIRI will not work with the Uconnect system after this update. The reason is the Chrysler had some features changed. (1 of these features Apple rode on to support SIRI) These features were changed in late 2010 and the SW was tested on the phones that were available at that time. The SW was again tested in June of 2011 again with more phones that were available at that time. Chrysler ok'd the SW at that time to start the production of the Uconnect modules. Most of the phone manufactures have and NDA ( this is a legal document known as a "Non Disclosure Application") signed by the suppliers and the phone manufacturer. They will sometime send new prototypes to be tested by the Uconnect supplier. If there are issues, then they both work together to find the fix. Apple does not do this at all, so the only Apple products that can be tested while the Supplier is writing the SW is with the device and its SW that is available at that time. Apple did not come out with the Iphone 4s until October of 2011 which was after the Uconnect modules were built and started to be shipped.
You may ask, "well why did it work in my 2011 or my V1 2012 vehicle. The features & SW were still being worked on for the 2012 vehicles and were not ready to be built for the V1 2012 vehicles, so the V1 was still using the features of the 2011 Uconnect system and the real 2012 Uconnect SW came into play with the V2 vehicle builds. Apple has been notified of this issue more than 4 months ago, so now it's a waiting game to see what they do now.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer satisfaction enhancements are included with this software release:
NOTE: After the HFM has been updated it will receive these enhancements.
· Reduced “Device Reading” wait time after connecting a device to the remote USB
port.
· Call / Dial separation improves upon names being recognized as phone numbers.
· Improved sound quality during Bluetooth streaming.
· Increased iPod and iPhone compatibility.
· SMS messaging support via MAP protocol (not all phones support the MAP
protocol).
· Added “None of These” and “Correction” to the phone book prompt menu for better
handling of similar names.
· Previous button will return the song currently being played to the beginning of the
track.
· AirPlay feature “Dock Connector” no longer needs to be manually selected on Apple
devices. This will resolve the “No Audio” condition when the device is connected to
the remote USB port and dock connector is not selected.
NOTE: USB mode resume will no longer 'resume' after ignition OFF

Last edited by xsdbs; 04-01-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:32 PM
xsdbs
Captain

wow, I thought there would be some replies to this new update or at least some questions about it.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 AM
sc00ter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any word for the fix on SIRI? Everything was fine until I had Dodge update me to 30.01.11. I have a 2012 Grand Caravan with the 430 radio. iPhone 4S was working fine all streaming phone address book, WAZE, even SIRI worked through audio system. Only problem was everytime I received a message, UCONNECT would say "Phone Call Completed" That was annoying, but at least it all worked. I wonder if I could have them reflash the previous SW. The only problem is that I never wrote down what that version of SW was :-(

Old 04-12-2012, 01:59 PM
xsdbs
Captain

The 30.01.11, is the radio SW and has nothing to do with Uconnect. It is an external module with it's own SW version. Since you had the vehicle in for the radio update they may have also updated the Uconnect SW. It's a separate TSB (08-018-12). When this SW update was written, SIRI was not available for testing at that time. The module that you had in your 2012 was a 1st gen module and was basically built off the 2011 module SW with a few small changes. It did not have all of the enhancements that the new SW has, so SIRI is not compatible with the Uconnect system.

· Reduced “Device Reading” wait time after connecting a device to the remote USB
port.
protocol).
· Added “None of These” and “Correction” to the phone book prompt menu for better
· Previous button will return the song currently being played to the beginning of the
track.
· AirPlay feature “Dock Connector” no longer needs to be manually selected on Apple
devices. This will resolve the “No Audio” condition when the device is connected to

Originally Posted by sc00ter
Any word for the fix on SIRI? Everything was fine until I had Dodge update me to 30.01.11. I have a 2012 Grand Caravan with the 430 radio. iPhone 4S was working fine all streaming phone address book, WAZE, even SIRI worked through audio system. Only problem was everytime I received a message, UCONNECT would say "Phone Call Completed" That was annoying, but at least it all worked. I wonder if I could have them reflash the previous SW. The only problem is that I never wrote down what that version of SW was :-(

Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 AM
sc00ter

Thank you XSDBS. The unfortunate thing is that SIRI did work through the bluetooth. Not anymore, as a matter of fact if the phone is connected through Uconnect I can no longer use SIRI. It just sits there and hangs. Before I could hold the home button in and Siri would come through the speakers in the car and I could talk to it and it would respond back. All that was wrong is when I was finished talking to SIRI and I closed Siri, the car would say "call completed" After a while this gets on your nerves, but at least it worked. I believe Dodge locked the door so that they do not have to support this and similar functions. Do you know if there is a way to A) reflash the old version back into the car and B) back up the current flash, just in case reflashing does not work?

Thanks,

Sc00ter

Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM
xsdbs
Captain

SIRI simulates a call to your voice mail and rides on that call in order for you to hear her thru Uconnect. This is why you heard the "call completed" when you were done with her.

Thank you XSDBS. The unfortunate thing is that SIRI did work through the bluetooth. Not anymore, as a matter of fact if the phone is connected through Uconnect I can no longer use SIRI. It just sits there and hangs. Before I could hold the home button in and Siri would come through the speakers in the car and I could talk to it and it would respond back. All that was wrong is when I was finished talking to SIRI and I closed Siri, the car would say "call completed" After a while this gets on your nerves, but at least it worked. I believe Dodge locked the door so that they do not have to support this and similar functions. Do you know if there is a way to A) reflash the old version back into the car and B) back up the current flash, just in case reflashing does not work?

Thanks,

Sc00ter

Old 04-20-2012, 12:57 PM
sc00ter
Default Is it possible reflash an older version of UConnect and if so where can I retrieve it

Do you know if there is a way to A) reflash the old version back into the car and B) back up the current flash, just in case reflashing does not work?

Trending Topics

Old 04-20-2012, 01:02 PM
sc00ter

Originally Posted by xsdbs
SIRI simulates a call to your voice mail and rides on that call in order for you to hear her thru Uconnect. This is why you heard the "call completed" when you were done with her.
That was the way UCONNECT used to work before they flashed the new version 30.01.11. Now I can't use SIRI at all when I am in the car if I use Bluetooth period. 1 step forward 5 steps backwards. I would have to turn off bluetooth to even get SIRI to work. UCONNECT now jams mt phone really bad and I have to shut down the iphone completely if I accidentally use SIRI while connected to the stupid UCONNECT.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:39 PM
xsdbs
Captain

ok, the 30.01.11 number is the SW version of the radio, not the Uconnet module which is what was updated, not the radio. Uconnect didn't take 1 step forward and 5 steps back. Actually it took 8 steps forward and canned a feature (SIRI) which was causing issues. In reality SIRI sucks, I mean she really does and she doesn't even give you a kiss. Heck, just Google "Siri sucks", there's a lot of people that say the same thing.
Now SIRI was actually causing some problems with Uconnect that I will be trying on a friends Ford SYNC system next week. I'll let you know the results after I do some testing on it. But I do know of and have actually ran into more issues with SIRI than without her.

port.
protocol).
track.

That was the way UCONNECT used to work before they flashed the new version 30.01.11. Now I can't use SIRI at all when I am in the car if I use Bluetooth period. 1 step forward 5 steps backwards. I would have to turn off bluetooth to even get SIRI to work. UCONNECT now jams mt phone really bad and I have to shut down the iphone completely if I accidentally use SIRI while connected to the stupid UCONNECT.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:16 AM
toto3
Default 430 rbz will not work with siri

I checked the software version of the uconnect module and it was 63 something. How do I get this version xsdbs mentioned 08-018-12?

I have a iphone 4s. sms will not work and siri will not work with bluetooth on with the current version.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: 2012 Uconnect streaming audio info