Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Anyone try these?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:26 AM
thewade44
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try these?

I'm looking at buying one of these seeing that i could make my own but for the price I'd rather just buy one of these. What i want to know is can i still lower my back seats with them installed? I'm sure i'll have to remove the fold out flat bench that comes installed, which i'm willing to do. if anyone has tried these out let me know how they work!

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Old 08-17-2012, 12:14 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Can't expect much out of a pre-fab box like that. They are so-so for quality and sound.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agreed. I work occasionally with a licensed sound installer. He WILL NOT ever buy a prefabbed box, unless its a whole unit with the sub included from a known brand. Basically what it comes down to is each sub is a little bit different. To make the sub sound its finest you need to create your own box and dimensions. That's listed always with the sub instructions.

Now I am not saying its not going to work, but it will not sound as nice as one specifically designed with your sub in mind. In rare cases I have seen either the sub malfunction, or the box rip apart. This is just for the simple fact that the box was too small for the sub. Or the sub they bought needed a ported box not a sealed. Remember this is a rare case, but if your just looking for something to work, and to give you some low end sound it will do. Just double check the dimensions that they are close to that needed by the sub. If your going 10" your probably ok either way, but a 12" is where I would definitely look. 12" needs such a big magnet and enclosure. Just check them first and I think you will be fine.

Also depending on what kind of music your listening to check out the I-B Flats by pioneer. I listen to lots of alternative rock, not that rap bull crap. It hits HARD and fast, much better then that of say a JL-Dub6. Just a suggestion, then you will be way closer to the dimensions needed if you want 12"

And yes you do need to remove the fold out cargo flap.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:20 PM
durandall05
Rookie

Those might fit the cab well but why not do it right and make a custom box? You could build one yourself for pretty dang cheap and it would sound way better.

I built my box for my JBL sub for the exact type of music I listen to and amps the I am running.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:42 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 08-30-2012, 09:08 PM
SteelNexus

Stay IMO. I had a box like that thrown in my 2000 regular cab when I first got it. Its not worth it, the sound was muffled or even deadened and there's not a whole lot of room. I would say build your own or have someone build a custom enclosure. If you do go with that set up get a shallow sub.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:33 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

This is a short vid I did the other day with the mic muted. Its my Kicker 12s in my FoxBox