Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2011 Uconnect SW update info

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 11:35 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 Uconnect SW update info

Hello,
In response to a PM that I received today from a member:

I know that I have this information in several threads, but I can't remember which ones. So I'm going to start a thread with the update title.
This is the update that has been out since June of 2011. It's for 2011 vehicles that were built prior to 6-1-2011 and have the Mitsubishi radios (RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB) ONLY. It is not for the Harman radios (RER, RHR).
This update will fix the "error occurred" that is displayed when connecting an iPod or Iphone to the docking cable. It will also fix the choppy audio when streaming audio thru BT.

Here are the instructions: Make sure that you DO NOT have any power interuptions during the update, for best results have the motor running so there are no interuptions).
You will need at least a 2 GB thumb drive. If you have files on the thumb drive, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Download it to the thumb drive that has no other files on it. Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Turn the ignition off, open & close the drivers door. Wait about 1 minute, then turn the key on and test the system.

and here is the file location:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfm7w2voa50f4m

Old 10-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Blanier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I downloaded the update and put it on a blank, reformatted thumb drive (2GB i think). when I inserted it in the USB port (front) I got the message that there was no file on the drive. What did I do wrong?
2011 (May build) with RZB radio and U connect.
Thanks

Old 10-23-2012, 07:44 AM
xsdbs
Captain

please try renaming the file to:
uconnect.upn instead of
uconnect.upd
then try it again and let me know if this worked out for you.

Originally Posted by Blanier
I downloaded the update and put it on a blank, reformatted thumb drive (2GB i think). when I inserted it in the USB port (front) I got the message that there was no file on the drive. What did I do wrong?
2011 (May build) with RZB radio and U connect.
Thanks

Old 12-23-2012, 03:17 PM
xsdbs
Captain

bump this up

Quick Reply: 2011 Uconnect SW update info