Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

'08 Ram RAQ iPhone/iPod Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 AM
RK0931
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 Ram RAQ iPhone/iPod Assistance

I've been doing some searching since I bought this vehicle at my last duty station about how to connect my iPhone to this vehicle and have seen quite a few posts that are similar, but not quite the same to my situation. Now that I'm settled in here for a while, I'd like to get this figured out.

First off, I have an 08 Ram 1500 Big Horn Edition with an RAQ (built in 6 disc) and Infinity sound system.

I plan to keep a stock radio, as I'm not into aftermarket radios anymore in my old age.

I mainly want to be able to connect my iPhone to my stereo via a USB port preferably, but if it is not possible, I can settle for AUX. However, I am not at all interested in an FM modulator. From my understanding this unit has a port for a rear entertainment package (which I do not have) that can be used to port in the iPhone/iPod. I've also seen posts on the internet that there is a port on the uConnect/Bluetooth module behind the glove box, which I did visually confirm there is a connection open for a wire harness of some sort on this module. The iPhone itself has no issues with using uConnect for hands free calling, and my SAT radio works just fine.

I'm open to a factory head unit swap to a different model, but only if there is no other way around it.

Any advice or guidance on this issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Trnsistr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can i ask why you are not interested in an FM modulator? I currently use the iTrip. The model is powered from the phone and there are no wires at all.( this eliminates that annoying whine in the audio from the engine.) As long as you keep the phone near the radio there is no issue with reception. I use a window mounted GPS cradle to keep the phone at dashboard level right above the gear lever.

Quick Reply: '08 Ram RAQ iPhone/iPod Assistance