Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Gracenote OFF should load embedded MP3 art.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:56 PM
svojoe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gracenote OFF should load embedded MP3 art.

Hello - I just purchased a 2013 Journey Crew w/ 8.4N/RB5 HeadUnit. Wonderful system - EXCEPT - my embedded MP3 cover art does not display! I confess - I'm one of those people that actually manages my own MP3 files - ensuring tag information is correct, artist are sorted and that all album/cover artwork is in place and embedded within the MP3 file itself.

Along comes Gracenote. I understand there are those who would benifit from Gracenote and it's associated sorting and album art for MP3 files, but why strip those of us that manage our own MP3 files of our embedded artwork?

Yes, all my Rush and Pink Floyd albums show artwork (for most of the Rush and Pink Floyd albums) - but over 90% of my library does not fit into Gracenote's mainstream genre - therefore no artwork is shown!

I had a Sony XNV660 touchscreen Nav in my Commander that showed all my embedded artwork just fine. MP3 applications for windows and my Android phone shows my embedded MP3 artwork just fine - why not a 2013MY 8.4" touchscreen?

Here's my concern - I'm fine with having Gracenote for those who do not manage their own files and need external artwork - HOWEVER - when there is an option to disable Gracenote in the Audio submenu, why in the world would the firmware not load embedded artwork from the MP3 file itself? It shows nothing with Gracenote disabled - no artwork for any songs!

Does anyone have a fix besides 'live with it' or 'replace the headunit' or 'buy a GM'? Is there a firmware patch or one in the making to resolve this issue? I've searched - I'm not the only one feeling this specific pain with U-Connect!

Great crossover! Great headunit & sound quality! Terrible MP3 artwork implementation! That big 8.4" color screen filled with text - no album art!

Help!
Thanks,
Joe

Quick Reply: Gracenote OFF should load embedded MP3 art.