Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Subs....What should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 04:47 AM
supergenius
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Subs....What should I get?

ORIGINAL: Natedogg625

ENOUGH get back on topic here no more arguing about RE or who installs systems on a daily basis, I dont care................and how can I fit 12s in my QC??????
just need to get creative...

[IMG]local://upfiles/14962/0C35710C404B4874963F5686A01A4B3A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14962/9E014CFFC9994D0DB99CED34F693BF71.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-01-2005, 08:42 PM
ngsm13

ORIGINAL: supergenius

ORIGINAL: ngsm13

Right...what's he need? JL, MTX, Kicker?!?!?!? LMAO...

You're still clueless.
all crap except JL... clueless? I'm an A1... get back to me once you graduate and experience the real world...
Don't need to be an installer the rest of my life. I'll do it in my liesure time, and as a dedicated hobby...but I'll get my Masters in EE first . Later in life, who knows...I might own a shop.

So you're a JL *****?

NG

Old 11-02-2005, 04:39 PM
supergenius
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ngsm13

Don't need to be an installer the rest of my life. I'll do it in my liesure time, and as a dedicated hobby...but I'll get my Masters in EE first . Later in life, who knows...I might own a shop.

So you're a JL *****?

NG
soo... you're an installer, now I got it. where at best buy? audio express? never was a installer, I do high end systems for concerts and what not, car audio is just one of my hobbies...

not a JL *****, just don't consider them crap is all...

Old 11-02-2005, 10:16 PM
ngsm13

LMAO, I'd never work at best buy. If i had a ton of money, I'd stand at best buy and tell people NOT to buy their stuff there.

I do installs locally for anyone who's interested...my name is around the city a little bit. Once people hear my setup, it speaks for itself. Worked at Circuit City for a while, but I do't necessarily prefer what we sell...it's a job.

I just don't prefer JL, they're overpriced bull****. I'd rather have equal OR better performance for half the price .

Old 11-03-2005, 02:32 AM
supergenius
Record Breaker

I agree, they're not the best, but they're decent enough to own. expencive? don't you get everything @ cost?

Old 11-03-2005, 02:54 AM
ngsm13

ORIGINAL: supergenius

I agree, they're not the best, but they're decent enough to own. expencive? don't you get everything @ cost?
I'm talking about normal everyday people...and JL...no I don't get JL at cost. Kicker, MTX, Polk, Pioneer, etc...

NG

Old 11-03-2005, 03:00 AM
supergenius
Record Breaker

that sucks...

Old 11-03-2005, 12:04 PM
jeffs night out

I worked at c city for a few years (3687 what uppppppp), it's just too bad they don't have accomodations for anything nice. No company that's marketed to mass retail stores (polk when they went with momo, kicker to some extent, alpine, rockfor nowadays) ends up having very quality products for too much longer. I got 2 L7s with enclosures and the 1200.1 amp for a total of less then 700, though, so i can't complain.

And whoever said they were getting that basslink for under their seat, don't do it... Sounds very ****ty... Mainly because of the way you have to position them under the seat, one side of the bass is hitting the floor and one is hitting the top. No real room for it to travel well

Old 11-03-2005, 01:48 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

I was saying to get it for UNDER the seat. Use it to put behind the seat if there is room. I haven't seen the dakota to see. I know that is what I am going to use in my truck because I have limited space to have an amp and sub. But the basslink will fit just right

Old 11-03-2005, 03:30 PM
jeffs night out

I know, i meant that in order for the basslink to have a nice sound, it would have to be positioned where the sub would be facing a nice open space out into the cab. But because of it's size, you have to put it on its back and it will be just hitting the seat. I don't mean to say that you wont hear/feel it or anything, just that putting it under a truck seat you won't get the full potential of it.

Quick Reply: Subs....What should I get?