Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Subs....What should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Natedogg625
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subs....What should I get?

I have 400 dollars to spend on a sub, amp, and install. What is the best set up I could get?

and could I have this wired to my stock HU?

Old 10-27-2005, 02:05 AM
longislandboi85
Rookie
Default RE: Subs....What should I get?

I am suprised nobody has answered this question, So i'll answer it for you. But first I have a couple of questions first.
What type of music do you listen to? Is your trunk space at a premium?
Answer me those 2 questions and i will be able to tell you what you should get.

Btw, yes you can use your stock H/U, but if you got an aftermarket it would sound much better, IMO :-)

Old 10-27-2005, 06:31 PM
Natedogg625
Record Breaker

Actually I accidentally double posted, the second post that every one else replied to is a bit further down the page. Your input is welcome, and I have no trunk, I have a Dakota Quad cab. and I listen to most anything except Country and some classic rock.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_302509/tm.htm heres the link to my second post.

Old 10-27-2005, 06:38 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

With that much money your best bet to buy the stuff is off ebay. Im guessing you drive a truck by the pics for your profile. If your rolling in a regular cab truck your sub sizes are gonna be limited unless you go with a box in the bed and cut into the cab. As far as install goes its relativly easy if your not doing any custom stuff like I said. You wouldnt have to pay some goof to do it for you. A good web site to go to is www.electronixwarehouse.com. They have an awsome education section on this stuff that really gives you a good idea of what your supposed to do. It will also give you some insight on how to fix the stuff yourself if something goes wrong (Ex. Amp power going out, and fuses.). Thats how ive learned anyway and now ive got a buisness out of it. As far as a stock head unit like the last guy said you can do it, but it wont sound the best. After market head units are the way to go when buying a system but factory will get the job done.

Old 10-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Natedogg625
Record Breaker

I have a Quad Cab

Old 10-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Natedogg625
Record Breaker

I have a Quad Cab........and the link says im forbidden..........

Old 10-28-2005, 02:49 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

so are you looking for something to just have some added bass and have limitied space? or are you looking for the loudest stuff.

here is something that incorporates the sub and amp, and sounds good. It is the Infinity Basslink II. It is just something to look into.

I just added this link, but look around to see if there is a better price. Actually there is a couple to look at

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qXTH56N...0&I=108BASSLN2

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qXTH56N...0&I=108BASSLIN

this one here is thin enough and can go on the wall behind the seat as long as it is a flat space unlike my truck. I am going to get the basslink II next month.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qXTH56N...00&I=108BASSLT

Old 10-28-2005, 06:15 PM
ngsm13

I'd pick up a pair of RE Audio RE10's. Grab a simple Profile CL800 amplifier. Build yourself some smalle sealed boxes to go under the seat, or fit in the rear cab.

Pair of RE10's = ~$150 shipped
Profile CL800 = ~$150 shipped
Install Kit, LOC (line-output converter), and box materials= Less than $100

Pick up a 4guage amplifier wiring kit from Walmart, it'll be less than $30. Get a LOC (this converts signal from the stock HU to RCA style for your amplifier). Pick up a half sheet of .75" MDF from Lowe's/Home Depot.

This setup will have great SQ and good output. It'll prolly be one of the best all inclusive setups you could get. If you need any help, hit me up. Or come visit www.caraudio.com forums...my username is the same on there....

NG

Old 10-29-2005, 02:12 PM
supergenius
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ngsm13

I'd pick up a pair of RE Audio RE10's. Grab a simple Profile CL800 amplifier. Build yourself some smalle sealed boxes to go under the seat, or fit in the rear cab.

Pair of RE10's = ~$150 shipped
Profile CL800 = ~$150 shipped
Install Kit, LOC (line-output converter), and box materials= Less than $100

Pick up a 4guage amplifier wiring kit from Walmart, it'll be less than $30. Get a LOC (this converts signal from the stock HU to RCA style for your amplifier). Pick up a half sheet of .75" MDF from Lowe's/Home Depot.

This setup will have great SQ and good output. It'll prolly be one of the best all inclusive setups you could get. If you need any help, hit me up. Or come visit www.caraudio.com forums...my username is the same on there....

NG
150 is pretty steep for a pair of single voice coil 100 watt 10" subs don't you think? Why would you put 4 guage on a amp that puts out 800 (if you're lucky) watts? .75" MDF on those weak subs??? ok...

Old 10-30-2005, 03:20 AM
ngsm13

Ummm...you're clueless.

/story.

NG

Quick Reply: Subs....What should I get?