Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

New Stereo - 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 03:40 PM
RamHodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Stereo - 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie

Hello everyone!

I just got a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. I have the stock stereo unit in it right now. I would like to put a touch screen or something close to it in as a replacement. Im new to Dodge so I was hoping for some input on what I can and can not get stereo wise.

I currently have this stereo...

I know its roughly 7 inches wide and 4 inches tall. I just do not want to buy a nice touch screen stereo if its not going to fit. If at all possible keeping the wood grain trim.

Thank you for any info!

Attached Thumbnails New Stereo - 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie-iglek4h.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 01:04 PM
RamHodge

Anyone with help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-23-2013, 05:34 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You can do a touch screen but will either need to get an OEM navigation bezel and ugly install kit or I know a guy that does custom dash pieces that are beautiful and require no install kit

Old 10-20-2013, 08:35 PM
JasonBosa

I have a touch screen unit that fits dodge mygig high speed unit dvd,cd,dvd,navi,sat radio send me a pm and ill send pics and modle #

Old 11-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Black Jack
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are putting this in yourself, I just found a nugget of info for the wire connector. If you're paying to get it done then I guess you won't have to worry about it.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:17 AM
r-g_richards
Rookie

I just finished putting an RER nav unit in mine using a Lock Pick adapter VIM kit( version 5). I just installed a cheap backup cam as well. The bezels that you can buy are quite expensive but if you take your time and have a steady hand you can cut the opening out using a multi tool and a good file to give it a factory finish look. My hand wasn't quite steady enough and the cold arrived so I have some more filing and touchup painting to do. Overall I am happy with my install as the RER also has uconnect built in and is activated with the LP. No visits to the dealer for a starscan update to the computer that my dealer said couldn't be done as the RER was not a Ram option for 2007.

Quick Reply: New Stereo - 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie