Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

How do I amplify Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Smokin_Joe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I amplify Speakers?

Just got some new compnents and 6 1/2's in my truck. want them to sound a little better. what would a good amp be to wire these up to? and How do I wire them up?

thanks.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:08 PM
supergenius
Record Breaker
Default RE: How do I amplify Speakers?

holy crap... first what brand are they?

Old 10-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Smokin_Joe

They are Rockford Fosgate Punch Series Components. I also just installed a Set of Alpine Type S's in the back. I was hoping the stock Amp would be enough to boost these speakers, but i guess not. I just needed to know what the best amp (wattage-wise) would be to wire these up to. would a 4 Channel work? I just needed to knwo the basics of how to wire up speakers to an amp. I can do subwoofers no prob.....speakers are new to me. I dont want to screw these up.

Sorry for the lack of information in the post above.

thanks

Old 10-22-2005, 05:30 AM
2big2dodge
Professional

I would just run wires from the amp to the back of the cd player where u wire the connections together. I have actually done it before. But then un did it. Also be careful not to blow them from to many watts from the amp, might work for a lil bit then u might start gettin a crackle in them.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:24 PM
supergenius
Record Breaker

sorry for the delay... if you can wire subs then you can wire all speakers, subs are speakers they all connect to the amp pretty much the same way. you can use a four channel for your speakers, just use one channel per speaker. when looking for a amp try to match the watts of the amp to the watts your speakers can handle... use a minumum of 10 guage wire to power the amp, and 12 for the speakers... let me know if you need more help.

Quick Reply: How do I amplify Speakers?