Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2011 Dodge ram radio cuts out

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 01:14 PM
rf9p
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Dodge ram radio cuts out

Hello,
I have a 2011 slt ram with a stock infinity system (not the one with the big screen and backup camera but with sattellite radio) and my radio will often lose sound from the speakers. It will be playing and start to get quiet and then the speakers will crackle and sound will totally quit. Sometimes it will play for 5 min and sometimes an hour. Just don't get it. I have noticed when it does this that the onscreen volume meter does not appear when I turn the ****. I don't know if this is a problem with the head unit or if there is an amp that has a bad wire or what. I was thinking about putting an aftermarket Kenwood or something if it is the head unit but just want to know before I buy it that's it's gonna fix it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old 12-12-2014, 04:16 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rf9p
Hello,
I have a 2011 slt ram with a stock infinity system (not the one with the big screen and backup camera but with sattellite radio) and my radio will often lose sound from the speakers. It will be playing and start to get quiet and then the speakers will crackle and sound will totally quit. Sometimes it will play for 5 min and sometimes an hour. Just don't get it. I have noticed when it does this that the onscreen volume meter does not appear when I turn the ****. I don't know if this is a problem with the head unit or if there is an amp that has a bad wire or what. I was thinking about putting an aftermarket Kenwood or something if it is the head unit but just want to know before I buy it that's it's gonna fix it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
rf9p,

I'm sorry to hear about your radio concern. A diagnosis would certainly help to narrow down the root cause. The intermittent nature of the concern could be related to a loose connection or bad wiring.

Quick Reply: 2011 Dodge ram radio cuts out